Question about flying a different airplane

I definitely like them better than the "oh let's flip the lever and maybe i'm in the right detent but it's all the way over there and I'm trying to go around but I think I might have retracted the flaps too much yep now I'm sinking" lever on the Cessnas.

Yes I deinitely love the johnson bar flaps....I had quite the problem with the electric flaps in the Cessna. Finally got it solved, but would have never been an issue with the manual flaps.

Appreciate all the responses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been years since I flew a 140 Piper but it seems to me it had four seats but was really a two place aircraft and short on power. Reluctant to become airborne.

Yeah, be careful on hot days.

The one I fly gets off the runway easy enough but it can feel like forever before you really start to climb on a hot day. Not a good feeling to be staring at trees ahead and wondering when it's going to start freaking going up.

When comparing the 140 to a 161, the Warrior feels like a rocket on takeoff in comparison.

The checkout is a good idea, sight picture is really different. Went through the same transition, I recall it took an hour.

I've never had any complaints about power in my 140, or getting off the runway. In fact I can almost immediately climb at 1200-1500fpm. Granted, I have a powerflow (150hp), and all the gap seals, vg's, etc.. (and I live at sea level) but I wouldn't have expected them to make that significant of a difference. FWIW, I've also never flown a stock 140 to compare to, but I would say mine performs very much like the Warrior I trained in.

Back