question about airline pilots life

Really ? Would you consider a company that donates an amount of money equal to 16% of my gross pay (not deducts but adds) and puts into a Charles Schwab account in MY name a horrible thing ?

Hi
it seems you are an airline pilot

would you please tell me about the salary(sorry to ask) and the number of days that you are out of your home town?
thanksssss

Farny old boy you seem a bit odd might even be a troll for all I know but to answer your question you can be at home as an airline pilot as much or as little as you want. If being at home EVERY night is important to you then you can just do day trips that go out and back from your hub. If you want to have maximum days off then you can do international trips were you can get between 17 to 20 days off per month.

Farny old boy you seem a bit odd might even be a troll for all I know but to answer your question you can be at home as an airline pilot as much or as little as you want. If being at home EVERY night is important to you then you can just do day trips that go out and back from your hub. If you want to have maximum days off then you can do international trips were you can get between 17 to 20 days off per month.

Well yeah, Art. That is all very true, but for a lot of it you need seniority. You can't get that straight out of the gate. ;)

Not at all, but the streets are littered with pilots who didn't draw the lucky straw on the "last man standing after the mergers seniority lists" or who bailed after lengthy furloughs or got tired of the endless commutes and crash pads or whose regional package continued to decline or just went away or ended up in dead-end 135 jobs that pay squat, never have a squawk and ignore the crew rest rules. The chosen few continue to do reasonably well but it's folly to think that chasing the career path has worked out for many others or plan a career now to repeat the cycle again. Whether or not there's a pilot shortage in the future, it's a cinch there will always be a pilot salary shortage.

Really ? Would you consider a company that donates an amount of money equal to 16% of my gross pay (not deducts but adds) and puts into a Charles Schwab account in MY name a horrible thing ?

thanks a lot

Consider that i am done with 1500 hours of flight time and now i am an airline pilot

how many years would i need to be senior to choose what kind of flight i want?

Back