QRH for Foreflight?

wabower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Wayne
What's the best quick-and-dirty for some guy who has owned the software for a year or so but never really spent any time figuring out the good stuff? I've got a line on the map for a trip to the east coast next week and can find fuel prices and a few other things, but no idea how to make it dance.

I looked at the owners' guide but it may be more than I really want to know.

What's the best quick-and-dirty for some guy who has owned the software for a year or so but never really spent any time figuring out the good stuff? I've got a line on the map for a trip to the east coast next week and can find fuel prices and a few other things, but no idea how to make it dance.

You can add your Duats account info in settings/accounts and it will get your briefing before you leave and let file your VFR/IFR flight plan for you.

If your going IFR, under plates you can create a binder for the KEDE and add the plates for the airport.

What else ?

Dancing requires learning how. If you're not willing to learn how to use the tool, treat it as a toy and and buy some paper charts for your trip.

I initally bought the iPad it to have a current set of "stuff" in the plane without scurrying for paper. It has done the job well, even though I only turn it on occasionally in flight. Whether I ever use it for nav remains to be seen, but so far it mostly just rides along between the seats.

I have a set of RNAV charts in the plane and carry paper plates for all intended destinations plus a few. With that stuff and the 430W, 696, 496, Nav-comms, XM, Zaon, Emer Beacon, blue tooth A20 headset and few other gadgets, I've been able to make a few trips uneventfully.

But since I'm not really sure that's enough I'll be upping the ante to Aspen and other stuff soon. ;)

PM sent

Wayne - want me to come to SBA tomorrow am?

I'll bring Stratus and iPad and Foreflight and we can go for a ride to say, Santa Maria, and play with it some???

PM me.

Don't rely on any piece of software in IFR flight until you've tried it beforehand, at least in simulation. I know of at least two companies that sell training videos on ForeFlight: Sporty's and http://www.flyinglikethepros.com/ though I'm sure there are others, and you can find some YouTube videos out there, too.

Back