QBE Notice of Non-Renewal

422Phil

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
422Phil
Just received a notice of Non-Renewal for my 1977 Cessna R172K XP. Have had my PPL for 2yrs now, approx 275 hrs of flight time, I keep the plane in a hangar, meticulously maintained, and have spent almost $75k for a top end overhaul, avionics upgrades and both full interior and exterior restoration since purchasing the plane 2 yrs ago. The only thing that’s changed since my last renewal is that I turned 50. The notice gave no explanation for the decision. I’ve emailed the underwriting department, but no response yet. What am I missing?

Update. QBE’s underwriter sent me an email that they have made a company wide decision to only sell GA policies that have a minimum of $2,500 premium, and since mine doesn’t qualify, that high of a premium then I get cancelled.

I just spoke with my broker, she is unaware of QBE and the $2500 minimum premium. That being said, QBE declined to increase my coverage after my panel upgrade. I expect that QBE will cancel me when my policy comes up for renewal in October and my broker is currently marketing my plane with other carriers.

Back