Q: G1000 PC Trainer

TCABM

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
3G
Has anyone used the Garmin G1000 PC trainer? I bought the USB stick but there doesn’t seem to be an actual install file on the stick. The folder labelled manual does, in fact, contain a pdf, but I cannot get it (the pdf) o open either.

If it matters, this is a Win11 machine and the USB from garmin arrived earlier this week and is v20.x. I intend to call their tech support tomorrow unless somebody here shares the keys to the kingdom.

Thanks.

I have it. I had no issues installing it, but it has been quite a while, so I don't remember how the install worked.

I have three of them, old and new. No problem installing any of them.

Is yours one of the new Nxi ones? Probably from your description. If so, there should be a folder called "Installer." In the folder is an executable with the name of the trainer, like "Piper Archer Trainer v20.81.exe". That's the setup file.

I also had no issues installing it. Running it without the TAWS alert constantly going off is another story.

I have three of them, old and new. No problem installing any of them.

Is yours one of the new Nxi ones? Probably from your description. If so, there should be a folder called "Installer." In the folder is an executable with the name of the trainer, like "Piper Archer Trainer v20.81.exe". That's the setup file.

Yes, NXI. The folder names I see are all gibberish.
a716baaba09021b9afd8ace92762c838.jpg

if there really is no exe file anywhere then sounds like Garmin support.

Now that Garmin’s tech support number is open, a call to them resulted in direction to email the aviation training guys, so I sent them an email with screen shots of it all, including the errors being returned.

I heard back from Garmin, I’m not the only case, either.
I have seen this happen in the last week with Cessna NAV III. We are going to work with manufacturing to see what is going on. In the meantime, I’m going to have our support team send you a G36 PC trainer and see if that works for you. This will give you something closely comparable to your system that you can work with, and give us some time to work out this issue. We may need you to send your bad one back to us so we can look at it in more detail.
Sounds like some quality escapes and big G is making it right so I’m happy for now.

Back