PS ENGINEERING PMA 6000M update?

DKirkpatrick

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DKirkpatrick
It works fine... but I have a PM7000M... is it possible that this is a slide in replacement? Or will hail, pestilence, and rivers of blood ensue if I ask my avionics guy to change this out?
thanks

It works fine... but I have a PM7000M... is it possible that this is a slide in replacement? Or will hail, pestilence, and rivers of blood ensue if I ask my avionics guy to change this out?
thanks

What is the motivation?

The 6000M is a mono panel and the 7000M is stereo, if its not wired for stereo you won't get it.

Last edited:
doing some panel work, have the 7000M, it's a nice unit and the 6000M is kinda well used...

Contact PS Engineering directly. They are pretty easy to get along with. Mark may be by here shortly if he catches post #2.

found info that the 7000MS replaces the 6000 as a slide in... expecting some installation costs associated with this, but this shouldn't be too daunting. Thanks for all the help.

found info that the 7000MS replaces the 6000 as a slide in... expecting some installation costs associated with this, but this shouldn't be too daunting. Thanks for all the help.
Actually, this is not correct.

Here are the upgrade paths for slide in replacements.
PMA6000, PMA6000M, PMA6000M-C are replaced with our new and slide in replacement PMA7000M-BT
PMA7000S, PMA7000M-S, PMA6000M-S are replaced with the slide in replacement PMA7000BT

There are all 100% Plug N play

Hope this helps
Mark Scheuer

Back