Proud Bird closing LAX

Kinda old news, and really not a huge loss - I ate there a few times and thought the food wasn't all that great and was really overpriced.

Kinda old news, and really not a huge loss - I ate there a few times and thought the food wasn't all that great and was really overpriced.

Like everything else in that part of the world!

7 posts to get to California bashing. Sorry guys, way too many, you're off your game.

Oooops....bad info old article.....it re-opens this Summer......sorry about that

When I was working at LAX (2009-2011) I went to Proud Bird a few times. I liked the place.

No, you have to go down the street to the strip joint for that.... ;)
Actually that's a reference to Continental Airlines. Their motto used to be "The proud bird with the golden tail". Proud Bird Cafe was originally started by a retired Continental Capt. I don't know who owns it now.

Actually that's a reference to Continental Airlines. Their motto used to be "The proud bird with the golden tail". Proud Bird Cafe was originally started by a retired Continental Capt. I don't know who owns it now.
I know, I was making a lame joke...

No, you have to go down the street to the strip joint for that.... ;)

I think the city managed to close all the strip joints near LAX. They thought it gave visitors a bad impression of their otherwise pristine city.

I think the city managed to close all the strip joints near LAX. They thought it gave visitors a bad impression of their otherwise pristine city.

I did happen into one of those places along Sepulveda once - but it was just to ask for directions ! Folks inside seemed friendly enough though.......

Back