Prostate Cancer

U

Unregistered

After having one's prostate removed from it being cancerous, what are the hoops to jump through for one's medical return to flying?

I have and need a 2nd class medical.

Never mind the cynical answer from the previous poster.

If you can show that the prostate Ca never left the capsule, the AME can now issue on the spot with the documents.

Attachments

• Carcinomas.pdf
    210.3 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
After having one's prostate removed from it being cancerous, what are the hoops to jump through for one's medical return to flying?

I have and need a 2nd class medical.

Hoops? Hire Dr. Bruce and get thee to Peoria, Illinois. I got my third class medical back within about 8 weeks, but only because it took me a few weeks to get my act together.

Good luck to you, and may your PSA remain undetectable.

Never mind the cynical answer from the previous poster.

If you can show that the prostate Ca never left the capsule, the AME can now issue on the spot with the documents.

That's an improvement in the past 5 years. Now, it only took a week to get my SI, but issue in the office? Cool. At least now you don't have to apply for a letter of eligibility after 5 years. They don't track it that long, as long as your PSA stays undetectable (5 years last July 11 for me!).

That's an improvement in the past 5 years. Now, it only took a week to get my SI, but issue in the office? Cool. At least now you don't have to apply for a letter of eligibility after 5 years. They don't track it that long, as long as your PSA stays undetectable (5 years last July 11 for me!).

Congrats, Ghery. 2 years for me.

I have a friend who had PC 4-5 years ago. He didn't trust any surgeons where he lives and didn't want to deal with the side effects of surgery, so he went the radiation route. His PSA recently began to rise up to 2.0. He's a cyclist and his doc was writing off the rise and fall of his PSA to his bike riding, but not any more.

I'm sure glad I went the surgery route.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back