Propstrike?

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Does this look to you what it looked like to me?

I was at a nearby airport yesterday and thought I saw clear evidence of a likely propstrike (maybe a gear up approach to a go-around)...

247549_10201123295430720_1444533824_n.jpg

Ryan

Nah!

Those are just hash-marks to allow the marching band to get the length of their paces just right. Someone will be around after the parade to scoop up the elephant poop and erase those marks.:D

Now they own a prop with winglets... much more efficient than a regular prop ;)

////// / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Yep, they've got themselves a Q-Tip prop now. Much quieter. :D

It's hard to see in the photo, but yeas it does look like a prop strike!

At 2700 rpm and 65 kts, a 6' diameter 2-blade prop will leave a mark every 14-15". This was just for fun and not exact.

Naaah, they wanted to get from here....

864095-hawker-hurricane-propeller-blade-tip.jpeg

To here......

proptip.jpg

I remember when the first Qtip prop was seen 'round here. And some of the old guys thought he'd landed gear-up somewhere. But could find no other evidence on the airplane.

Does this look to you what it looked like to me?

I was at a nearby airport yesterday and thought I saw clear evidence of a likely propstrike (maybe a gear up approach to a go-around)...

247549_10201123295430720_1444533824_n.jpg

Ryan

A great reason for a fixed gear. ;)

I witnessed a prop strike on a Mooney - the gear was down and locked.

We once met an old guy in Northway Alaska with a Maule that had what "looked" like a 'Q'-tip prop - but it wasn't :yikes:

Only propstrike I ever witnessed was a VariEzE, main gear collapse, splintered th' wood prop. Happened at Cracker fly-in at GVL.

I witnessed a prop strike on a Mooney - the gear was down and locked.

We once met an old guy in Northway Alaska with a Maule that had what "looked" like a 'Q'-tip prop - but it wasn't :yikes:
I know of at least 3 prop strikes in Duchesses and they were all taxiing at slow speed on uneven pavement. Very little prop clearance.

Back