Proposed C-177 AD ?

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
Can someone point me to the text of the proposed AD on the Cardinal spar carry through?
All I can find so far is the Cessna SB and a link to comment on the proposed AD.

How can I comment on something I can't read?:eek:

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ.

*smirks in PA-28R*
giphy.gif

:D

We already had two of our three birds checked - suspect we'll be forced to do it again, but they didn't find any issues.

We already had two of our three birds checked - suspect we'll be forced to do it again, but they didn't find any issues.
But if it was a visual inspection as per the SBs, there's the possibility that the AD-mandated eddy-current inspection will find deep pits with tiny outlets, like little caverns.

I did one of these a few years ago. Spent 40+ hours dressing out pits, plotting quarter-inch squares for eddy-current checking and ultrasonic thickness testing and recording every measurement, priming the thing and reassembling the entire interior. The data--all the charts and photos--was evaluated by Textron and approved. The worst damage was where the overhead vent CAT hoses rubbed their steel wires against the spar carrythrough, and the moisture for the corrosion comes from condensation in the ceiling, mostly from the occupants breathing.

The lack of new carrythroughs could be disastrous for owners. Even if they were available they wouldn't be cheap and their installation isn't something cheap and easy.

Old airplanes are fun.

But if it was a visual inspection as per the SBs, there's the possibility that the AD-mandated eddy-current inspection will find deep pits with tiny outlets, like little caverns.

I did one of these a few years ago. Spent 40+ hours dressing out pits, plotting quarter-inch squares for eddy-current checking and ultrasonic thickness testing and recording every measurement, priming the thing and reassembling the entire interior. The data--all the charts and photos--was evaluated by Textron and approved. The worst damage was where the overhead vent CAT hoses rubbed their steel wires against the spar carrythrough, and the moisture for the corrosion comes from condensation in the ceiling, mostly from the occupants breathing.

The lack of new carrythroughs could be disastrous for owners. Even if they were available they wouldn't be cheap and their installation isn't something cheap and easy.

Old airplanes are fun.
We did eddy current - the works.

Back