Prop Identification

C-1 PILOT

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
C-1 PILOT
So, my neighbor purchased this Prop, on a whim, at a barn sale. Anyone have an idea of what it’s off of? Here are the picks I took of the Prop, Hub and one of the only set of numbers I could find. IMG_4465.jpegIMG_4463.jpegIMG_4464.jpeg

What's the diameter? My initial guess is that it's from a Douglas Skyraider ... or Boeing KC-97 ... or Douglas DC-7 ... or ...

the rust on the blades indicates that its a steel blade, so most likely a aeroproducts. blade profile looks wrong for the able dog. same for the bearcat. possibly a p-47 prop.

My buddy thought P-47 or Helldiver. It’s a Curtis Electric prop:

Here’s one on a Helldiver:

09D1A3B9-99EB-42FF-A6CC-3410BAC4CEA7.jpeg

Whatever it is I'm betting someone out there could overhaul it faster than the shop that currently has my prop.

Thanks all. Hey Kent, I’m gonna say your photo is right on, so Helldiver or P-47. P-47 was my first guess also. You guys rock, thanks so much. I’m gonna forward Kent’s photo to my neighbor.

That was a fun project! There is a Helldiver at Chino undergoing restoration at the Yanks Air Museum. Super nice people there. Maybe he could measure it. In fact, I think the prop is currently off of it.

Back