Prop Heat Wire Harness Source

iamtheari

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Ari
I noticed a broken wire poking out from the spinner on our 310. I pulled both spinners and found that one prop has 3 good wire harnesses, probably those that were replaced as part of the pre buy. The other prop has 3 of a different style from the first one, and two of the three are broken (one has one broken wire and the other has all 3). These are 3-wire harnesses from the spinner bulkhead to the base of the blade and have ring terminals.

Does anyone know a good source for these harnesses? I’d rather deal with this at home (under proper adult/A&P supervision, of course) if I can get the parts.

Does anyone know a good source for these harnesses?
There are a number of options depending on what route you want to take: OEM new, used, PMA. And most references require changing all 3 harnesses. If I recall the Cessna deice harnesses were Goodrich brand and used across a number of different models but dont hold me to that.

There are a number of options depending on what route you want to take: OEM new, used, PMA. And most references require changing all 3 harnesses. If I recall the Cessna deice harnesses were Goodrich brand and used across a number of different models but dont hold me to that.
Any idea who sells new deice harnesses, or are they only available through the aviation mafia? :)

Any idea who sells new deice harnesses, or are they only available through the aviation mafia?
Depends on which families you consider in the mafia.;)

First need to determine which P/Ns you need. I believe there are several PMA suppliers which can be found through a P/N internet search. If the number crosses to a RAPCO number then I'm sure Spruce handles those harnesses. Its been a while since I dealt with deice stuff.

The P/N is stamped on the harness. Find the P/N on the harness and look a supplier up online.

Back