Profound thoughts

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
From a list supposedly copied on Reddit about thoughts one had while in the shower...

1. The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.

2. The sinking of the Titanic must have been a miracle to the lobsters in the kitchen.

3. Instead of all the prequel and sequel movies coming out, they should start making “equels” - films shot in the same time period as the original film, but from an entirely different perspective.

4. X88B88 looks like the word "voodoo" reflecting off of itself.

5. April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.

6. Websites should post their password requirements on their login pages so I can remember WTF I needed to do to my normal password to make it work on their site.

7. Now that cellphones are becoming more and more waterproof, pretty soon it will be okay to push people into pools again.

8. I used hola unblocker to watch Argo on the Canadian Netflix. I was an American who had to pretend to be Canadian to watch a movie about Americans who have to pretend to be Canadians making a movie.

9. Maybe 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?' isn't a show that displays how stupid grown adults can be, but rather, a show that depicts how much useless information we teach grade schoolers that won't be retained or applicable later in life.

10. Last night my friend asked to use a USB port to charge his cigarette, but I was using it to charge my book. The future is stupid.

11. When Sweden is playing Denmark, it is SWE-DEN. The remaining letters, not used, is DEN-MARK.

12. "Go to bed, you'll feel better in the morning" is the human version of "Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?"

13. In the future, imagine how many Go-Pros will be found in snow mountains containing the last moments of people's lives.

14. We should have a holiday called Space Day, where lights are to be shut off for at least an hour at night to reduce light pollution, so we can see the galaxy.

15. Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.

16. Senior citizen discounts should just round dollar amounts down so we don't have to wait in line behind them while they dig for change.

17. I have never once hit the space bar while watching a YouTube video with the intention of scrolling halfway down the page

18. Since smart watches can now read your pulse, there should be a feature that erases your browser history if your heart stops beating.

19. Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounds super rad if you don’t know what either of those things are.

20. The person who would proof read Hitler's speeches was literally a grammar Nazi.

Sounds like somebody scraped the top topics from /r/showerthoughts

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Sounds like somebody scraped the top topics from /r/showerthoughts

Probably.

You know you can turn that Tapatalk signature thingy off in the Tapatalk settings under "Signature", right? ;)

Probably.

You know you can turn that Tapatalk signature thingy off in the Tapatalk settings under "Signature", right? ;)
Just had my N9 RMA'd again and always forget about that damn setting on new devices lol. You don't like it?

#3 was done (not in movie form) in novel form by Orson Scott Card. Ender's Shadow is a parallel novel to Ender's Game told from Bean's (another major character) perspective. And it worked pretty well.

John

1. The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.
But apparently as often as possible. Don't know, I only golf on courses that have a little windmill in the middle of them.

3. Instead of all the prequel and sequel movies coming out, they should start making “equels” - films shot in the same time period as the original film, but from an entirely different perspective.
Actually as far as novels go, there are a few of these out here. The one that comes to mind is Orson Scott Card's Ender's Shadow which tells the same story as Ender's Game (more or less) from the point of view of one of the other characters. It's actually helped a lot with giving material for the resulting movie version.

Of course, you also have the "reboot" versions of things. Now that the original Star Trek guys are either dead or senile, they had to grab a bunch of younger coutnerparts and reinvent the series with the same characters.

5. April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Alas, some people, not even then.
6. Websites should post their password requirements on their login pages so I can remember WTF I needed to do to my normal password to make it work on their site.
Here, here.
20. The person who would proof read Hitler's speeches was literally a grammar Nazi.
I'm going to have to remember this one. Especially while reading my copy of Mein Kamphy Chair.

What if the lobster tank remained sealed? Then it would just be a cruel joke...

#3 was done (not in movie form) in novel form by Orson Scott Card. Ender's Shadow is a parallel novel to Ender's Game told from Bean's (another major character) perspective. And it worked pretty well.

John

I'll have to look for it. I thought I had the while Ender series.

http://www.amazon.com/Enders-Shadow...qid=1443784157&sr=8-1&keywords=ender's+shadow

There's also Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, and Shadow of the Giants. They're not all revists of earlier stories from another point of view but essentially they show some of the universe from other points of fiew. Hegemon for example shows Bean interacting with Peter (which really never occurred in the Ender-centric versions).

10410700_818671621548356_480596664889196255_n.jpg

Is it possible to create an original bad word?

16. Senior citizen discounts should just round dollar amounts down so we don't have to wait in line behind them while they dig for change.

OMG, isn't that the truth!

I HATE HATE HATE getting behind people who dig for cash or change when checking out (not just seniors). Ran into that at the movies today.

If someone gives you the finger, you get to keep that finger.

Back