Problems we shouldn't have / Pet Peeve thread

Lets go back to 1 hose, 1 nozzle, pick one fuel selection of 3 and actually lift up the handle. I think our local 100LL pump is easier to use.
Arg! I hate that. I need 91 octane and I know that someone just before me used the 88. So I get 88 that's still in the hose before I get the 91. Then the next guy gets MY 91 that I've paid extra for. Even worse is that the 88 has ethanol in it so I get some of that as well. It's not fair I tells ya.

---> Aviation content. So how much 88 with ethanol is actually dispensed when you select the 91 ethanol-free? Is it enough ethanol to cause a problem in autogas aircraft? (Adjust numbers to your local octane values.)

Arg! I hate that. I need 91 octane and I know that someone just before me used the 88. So I get 88 that's still in the hose before I get the 91. Then the next guy gets MY 91 that I've paid extra for. Even worse is that the 88 has ethanol in it so I get some of that as well. It's not fair I tells ya.

---> Aviation content. So how much 88 with ethanol is actually dispensed when you select the 91 ethanol-free? Is it enough ethanol to cause a problem in autogas aircraft? (Adjust numbers to your local octane values.)
Our local stations don't dispense ethanol free through the same hose as the ethanol blend.

Typically one hose for the ethanol free, then one hose for the 3-octane (low-med-high) blend combination with the ethanol.

There might be other stations with different options.

Back