Problems we shouldn't have / Pet Peeve thread

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I'll start

Buttons have been around for years. Why is it that I buy something I consider expensive and end up with this?

I have a 30 year old calculator that has real buttons that will last longer than me. We have evolved from practical buttons to this system. I am sure it is nearly free for a company to probably print these "buttons" out but I want real buttons back.

999922851457.jpg

Get your toys with less buttons.

I have learned that more buttons does not equal better, just means more to break.

Simplify.

haha I am generally not a complainer but I went to get ice from the fridge and felt it was time.

[old man voice] back in my day we had real buttons. you pushed them and they did something. ya knew exactly what they did. Every button did 1 single thing. 1 button 1 function. Now ya crazy kids have to have a magic touchscreen for everything and you push a button one way and it does something push it another way and it does something totally different. nonsense I tell ya!

That's what that button does?
We never push it. I thought it would crush something.

My pet peeve is when you start a story on a overturned plane and don't follow up with all the answers. You have a responsibility to let us know. LOL

Wow.. it took me awhile to realize that there were two pictures there. I was trying to figure out what kind of newfangled device has water, ice, wash, and spin.

Wow.. it took me awhile to realize that there were two pictures there. I was trying to figure out what kind of newfangled device has water, ice, wash, and spin.

Same here - that's one heck of an appliance!

My pet peeve is when you start a story on a overturned plane and don't follow up with all the answers. You have a responsibility to let us know. LOL

HA! I am still digging on that one.

around-the-hips.jpg

Seriously? If you aren't going to WEAR YOUR DAMN SHIRT THEN WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE IT AT HOME?

It really ****es me off royally when the girl on the treadmill ahead of me DELIBERATELY ties her jacket around her waist just so I can't check out her ass.

around-the-hips.jpg

Seriously? If you aren't going to WEAR YOUR DAMN SHIRT THEN WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE IT AT HOME?

It really ****es me off royally when the girl on the treadmill ahead of me DELIBERATELY ties her jacket around her waist just so I can't check out her ass.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was trying to figure out what kind of newfangled device has water, ice, wash, and spin.

Hey, they have to get the water for the ice somewhere...another new recycling concept! ;)

Shoe/boot makers who use those stoopid fabric loops instead of eyelets for lacing. Those damned things never last. I even have a high dollar pair of red wings with those stoopid things and had to sew-up a broken loop just this morning. The boots are only about a year old and show very little wear otherwise.

around-the-hips.jpg

Few people in my gym complain when the young ladies take their shirts off; regardless of where they put them!

People in cubicles that always use the speakerphone.

Are you so freaking lazy you can't pick up the handset? :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

some people say it wrong as: intercoastal

kinda like nuke-you-lar

more like not knowing the difference between an interstate highway and an intrastate highway (Hawaii not withstanding)

Press 1 for English. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

funny... It annoys me a whole lot more when it says press TWO for English. And starts with spanish. I don't speak Spanish but I'm guessing they're saying Press 1 for Spanish in Spanish.

For the love of God stop driving around with the tow mirrors extended.

But then I start losing chances to sell tow mirrors....

There's a mirror eating telephone pole somewhere in our county....

Aren't those good for dealing with bicyclists?

Which reminds me of another pet peeve: bicyclists that don't understand the difference between sharing the road and hogging the road.

funny... It annoys me a whole lot more when it says press TWO for English. And starts with spanish. I don't speak Spanish but I'm guessing they're saying Press 1 for Spanish in Spanish.

I think they get a pass if you are calling Cocinas Tacos de Ramona.

But then I start losing chances to sell tow mirrors....

There's a mirror eating telephone pole somewhere in our county....

It's up the road from my house hahaha. It's right on a turn literally inches from the pavement. It is full of battle scars lol

Edit: haha look how they paved around it I know that **** was intentional

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-24-17-05-49_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-24-17-05-49_1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I have been bass fishin', salmon fishin', halibut fishin' and trout fishin' but I have never been nuke-you-lar fishin'.....:no: :rolleyes2:

I have been bass fishin', salmon fishin', halibut fishin' and trout fishin' but I have never been nuke-you-lar fishin'.....:no: :rolleyes2:
That's okay, Uncle Sam did it for you at bikini atoll...

People in cubicles that always use the speakerphone.

Are you so freaking lazy you can't pick up the handset? :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Has more to do with most cubicle dwellers working with keyboards and business phone planners being utterly retarded and not buying headsets.

Can't type with a phone handset jammed under your neck. And most phone handsets won't fit that fashionable shoulder rest thing on the back, anymore.

If they have a headset you have a legitimate beef. If they don't, you should be asking who the phone design engineer and their boss where they would like the noose to be hung up and how they like the view from a few pre-approved locations. Haha.

Mine aren't electric and aren't easy to set when switching from up to down. They don't really stick out more than a couple more inches when rotated up, and I attach and detach trailers just often enough that I just leave them up.

The ones that actually slide in and out and are all fancy with electric motors that you can set from the driver's position, I'll retract those and re-set them, but moving mine around is an utter waste of time.

I don't make it a habit of hitting things with them, either, though. They're just fine standing up.

Both sides have convex cheater mirrors built into them for blind spot duty, too. Totally functional, rotated up or down, for non-towing. Utterly useless rotated down when towing.

So they're up. And they'll stay up until winter sets in and I'm not towing.

If they have a headset you have a legitimate beef. If they don't, you should be asking who the phone design engineer and their boss where they would like the noose to be hung up and how they like the view from a few pre-approved locations. Haha.

I took the time/effort to get a headset - those guys can't be bothered and are simply inconsiderate a-holes.

Back