Private Pilot Written Test

Same tips as almost any standardized test. Read the question and all of the answer choices carefully. Review your answers before you submit the test, but don't change your first pick unless you have a good reason.

Review your answers before you submit the test, but don't change your first pick unless you have a good reason.

100% agree. I missed 2 questions on my test and one was so stupid! I had the right answer originally but the wrong answer started to sound better the more I read the question.

Don't spend too much time on a single question if you are not sure of the answer. Try to answer all the questions you are confident with first. Get all the easy ones first. Then go back and take a second look at the harder ones. Answer all of them that you can, then review all the questions and answers again. With luck you'll only have one or two that you are not sure of.

I usually tally up how many I know are correct, and then I have a list of maybe correct and guessing. At the end add them up and spend time on the maybes, and then the guessing, until I’m happy with my score.

Practice tests are great, the questions are mostly the same.

Then go back and take a second look at the harder ones.

:yeahthat:
If you pay attention, sometimes you’ll find that a later question inadvertently gives you the answer, or at least a strong hint, to one you skipped. The test questions are drawn randomly without any check to prevent this.

Take. Your. Time. You have enough time to do the whole test about three times, so there’s no need to rush. Slow and careful wins the game.

Thank you guys. So far I've taken 5 practice tests on aviation seminars and have scored 95% percent plus on all but one. I feel I should be in good shape with the Test.

You'll be fine with those kinds of practice test scores.

If you get stumped, take a moment and page through the test supplement book. You'd be surprised how many test answers are printed in it.

EDIT: I just realized it's Tuesday. How did it go?

Make sure you understand the question before looking at the answers.
This is of utmost importance. Many questions have answers that look like the obvious choice until you understand the question fully by reading it slowly and without the bias introduced by seeing the answers first. A bit of word salad but I hope it conveys the importance of @Clip4 ’s post.

Back