Private pilot written, check

Lachlan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Lachlan
I took the private pilot written this morning. Like an idiot I decided to change 2 answers right before I clicked done. Of course I got those two wrong. :) 93%. Next step- polish up performance landings and start studying for the oral. Lesson learned about "always go with your gut, NEVER change an answer!"

70 passing? So you over did it by a lot! Show off. :D

Nice. I got an 85. I'm going for my check ride Wednesday. You'll do fine the rest of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I got an 85. I'm going for my check ride Wednesday. You'll do fine the rest of the way.

What's with the show offs today??? :mad:

I took the private pilot written this morning. Like an idiot I decided to change 2 answers right before I clicked done. Of course I got those two wrong. :) 93%. Next step- polish up performance landings and start studying for the oral. Lesson learned about "always go with your gut, NEVER change an answer!"

:thumbsup:

Congrats!

Thanks, everyone. I'm sure the instrument written is tough compared to this one. This one, though, requires you to know a good bit about everything, which makes it seem a lot harder than it probably is. I'm really excited to think about how close everything is now. Soon, very soon... :)

You're gonna ace that check ride. :yes: I heard that one of the best things to do is go through the aircraft logs and mark pages with small labels on Post-It notes. Makes finding things easy and looks like you're very well prepared. That's probably an old suggestion and everyone does it, but I thought it was a really good idea. The other suggestion I heard is keep answers short. If the DPE wants more they'll ask. Never talk yourself into trouble by volunteering too much information. :no: Again, I'm sure everyone knows that. :lol:

Thanks a lot. Yes I tabbed a few days ago and was told today to not get yourself into trouble with the DPE. My instructor said he's heard the answer a thousand times just keep moving on.

I haven't seen too many DPEs that really stress about the maintenance logs. Keep in mind that the only records they care about are the ones that are current so showing current AD compliance, annual, ELT and W&B should be all you need

For a PP ride they may want to talk about owner maintenance and what's allowed.

They didn't touch much on me on logs. It seemed to go pretty quick. He hit on the major aspects of airworthy and weather and weight balance. He was big on my nav log. The more stuff the better. I just got home from passing. It didn't all go smooth but I'm a new private pilot. Thanks for all the good wishes.

Anything over 70 is wasted effort... now go fly.

I prefer to fly with and near those pilots who exceed the minimum standards. :wink2:

The FAA knowledge tests hardly have any relevance to anything. You memorize what they want to know and then go learn about flying.

The FAA knowledge tests hardly have any relevance to anything. You memorize what they want to know and then go learn about flying.

Is that how you learn things? By remembering them? Shoot- that would have made it easy! I thought it was just a "close your eyes and guess" kind of test. ;) And hey, call me weird, but I found that all 62 questions (yes, 62) were quite relevant to learning how to fly, like how to read weather charts, METARs, and other stuff like airspace requirements. Thanks for your helpful and supportive post. I like your style.

Is that how you learn things? By remembering them? Shoot- that would have made it easy! I thought it was just a "close your eyes and guess" kind of test. ;) And hey, call me weird, but I found that all 62 questions (yes, 62) were quite relevant to learning how to fly, like how to read weather charts, METARs, and other stuff like airspace requirements. Thanks for your helpful and supportive post. I like your style.

Some of it is useful but it is incomplete.
Other is completely spurious
Others are downright WRONG (Don't get me started about the FAA's idiotic and incorrect view of physics and coordinated flight).

You regurgitate what they want to hear then you learn what you REALLY need to know and what is correct.

Back