Private checkride went horribly wrong!

I copy and pasted that into Google Translate and got: "I am a spoiled brat."
Ken: "Now let's not go putting labels on people.":no:

Pflemming: The one who needs an apology from you the most is that DPE. You think you were treated unfairly but pretty much everyone here thinks the DPE was being entirely reasonable and when you can see that you might be ready for another crack at the checkride but not until then IMO.

Wait one second there...We thought you were drinking $500 bottles of wine.

:redface: Hi all, just got back from my little "vacation". First of all I'd like to say sorry for some of my comments to some of you. KSCessnaDriver, especially to you I was way too harsh in my response to you. I am sorry. It didn't help that I was all liquored up while typing all that. It really wasn't my intention for this to go the way it dihd. The way I reacted to all y'all's unfair criticism was a little excessive, I know, but how many of you have had to deal with a rogue DPE who has gone ever further with a personal vendetta against you? Not many I'm sure.

Anyway, apologies to all.

Nahh, we'll keep it going just **** in your Cheerios, you're not in charge here, the consequence of your action is that we will continue to taunt you you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Isn't it "tiny brained wiper of other people's bottoms"?

:redface: Hi all, just got back from my little "vacation". First of all I'd like to say sorry for some of my comments to some of you. KSCessnaDriver, especially to you I was way too harsh in my response to you. I am sorry. It didn't help that I was all liquored up while typing all that. It really wasn't my intention for this to go the way it did. The way I reacted to all y'all's unfair criticism was a little excessive, I know, but how many of you have had to deal with a rogue DPE who has gone ever further with a personal vendetta against you? Not many I'm sure.

Anyway, apologies to all.

Unfair???? Wow.

Troll busted right here. You do realise nobody drinks a $500 bottle of wine? Anyway, since I know more about wine than you do, just entertain us.

Post a picture of you "enjoying" a 500USD bottle of wine, and I will post a picture of me burning 5 100USD notes up in the air. I will be more than happy to do that, if you send proof your sad life actually exists.
I have a friend who used to be in the record business. He was in a restaurant with Cat Stevens right when he made it big. The then Mr. Stevens ordered a $2000 bottle of wine.

And sent it back.

Wait one second there...We thought you were drinking $500 bottles of wine.

Yes and?

it contains alcohol. Sometimes vinegar if you are unlucky. I regret making that comment by the way. It has clearly made everyone here feel inferior drinking whatever they drink. That was unintentional.

I have a friend who used to be in the record business. He was in a restaurant with Cat Stevens right when he made it big. The then Mr. Stevens ordered a $2000 bottle of wine.

And sent it back.

Well of course he did, he is muslim.

Yes and?

it contains alcohol. Sometimes vinegar if you are unlucky. I regret making that comment by the way. It has clearly made everyone here feel inferior drinking whatever they drink. That was unintentional.

I looked down the road for that bottle (2009 Scarecrow) at my local wine merchant I use, $295. You need to find a new merchant.

But getting back on track, this is not a thread about fine wine versus the plonk most pilots drink.

I am just astounded that you all automatically assume that the DPE was right. Is he the Pope? No, didn't think so. I have in fact filed a complaint with the local FSDO, and was entirely justified after some of the potentially libelous comments he made to my CFI.

I looked down the road for that bottle (2009 Scarecrow) at my local wine merchant I use, $295. You need to find a new merchant.

Seriously, they have it in stock? I will send you the cash please buy as many as you can!

But getting back on track, this is not a thread about fine wine versus the plonk most pilots drink.

I am just astounded that you all automatically assume that the DPE was right. Is he the Pope? No, didn't think so. I have in fact filed a complaint with the local FSDO, and was entirely justified after some of the potentially libelous comments he made to my CFI.

It wasn't that the DPE was right, you were more wrong, and you show the typical signs of people who kill themselves in aviation accidents.

What did he say to your cfi? When is your retest?

...jeez. I cannot believe this thread is still going. The OP is the kind of guy who gives GA a horrible reputation. If his DPE really had some kind of a problem, I'm sure it would have been reported. The guy is an arrogant DB and while I had hoped he was banned, it seems he's back at it. Sadly, if a DPE actually gives the guy a license I'm sure we'll be watching a video about him on AOPA soon enough.

...jeez. I cannot believe this thread is still going. The OP is the kind of guy who gives GA a horrible reputation. If his DPE really had some kind of a problem, I'm sure it would have been reported. The guy is an arrogant DB and while I had hoped he was banned, it seems he's back at it. Sadly, if a DPE actually gives the guy a license I'm sure we'll be watching a video about him on AOPA soon enough.

So why are you being so confrontational? You don't have to read this thread do you? Just ignore it if you don't like me or what I have to say.

And, yes, the DPE DOES have some kind of a problem, and it HAS been reported by yours truly.

It wasn't that the DPE was right, you were more wrong, and you show the typical signs of people who kill themselves in aviation accidents.

Okay, fair enough, at least I'm starting to see some cracks in this pedestal that everyone is placing the DPE on. At least you acknowledge that he was wrong. I have already acknowledged that I made mistakes.

The DPE asked my CFI if I have any known mental issues, or if I am on any kind of medication not reported. Absolutely outrageous! As far as I know, a DPE does not have the right or the ability to revoke the medical of a candidate. If this doesn't show he is out of line, I don't know what else does!

So why are you being so confrontational? You don't have to read this thread do you? Just ignore it if you don't like me or what I have to say.

And, yes, the DPE DOES have some kind of a problem, and it HAS been reported by yours truly.

You realize that when you complain to the FSDO they investigate you as well as the DPE. They have already vetted the DPE and authorized him, so they already have a base line to investigate against. You on the other hand are not quite in that position. They have your side of the story which I truly hope you delivered in a better form than you delivered it here. Hopefully you just gave them the recording you made to let it speak for itself, because your personal delivery style is pretty counterproductive to your claim of wrongful persecution. Next, they will get the DPE's side of the story, if they don't have the video showing him acting poorly, they will put more weight on his version than yours.

Next look up 44709, because that may very well be in your future. In fact, since you started this and come across with ALL of the FAA Dangerous Attitudes, if they get involved, they will possibly require you to do your next ride with them, or if you manage to pass your next ride with a DPE, they may "709" you to evaluate your mental state.

Okay, fair enough, at least I'm starting to see some cracks in this pedestal that everyone is placing the DPE on. At least you acknowledge that he was wrong. I have already acknowledged that I made mistakes.

The DPE asked my CFI if I have any known mental issues, or if I am on any kind of medication not reported. Absolutely outrageous! As far as I know, a DPE does not have the right or the ability to revoke the medical of a candidate. If this doesn't show he is out of line, I don't know what else does!

I have not yet viewed the DPE as wrong, you have not made your case. The DPE does not have the right to revoke your medical, he does however have the Responsibility to evaluate your mental state and report anomalies such as you present to the FSDO who will then act, and they most definitely DO have the right to revoke your medical. They will also investigate your medical/mental history quite thoroughly and if there was anything omitted, they can bar you from ever getting certified or another medical, and you also won't qualify for LSA or anything that requires an airman's certificate.You will however be able to fly Pt 103 Ultralights.

The DPE asked my CFI if I have any known mental issues, or if I am on any kind of medication not reported.

If this doesn't show he is out of line, I don't know what else does!

Given what you have posted and how it shows a distinct lack of any Aeronautical Decision-Making, the DPE was not only within his rights, he was almost required to ask that question.

If I was an examiner and had a candidate so poorly prepared and confrontational as you come to me with an endorsement from a CFI stating that they possessed good judgement and had the requisite knowledge, I would have to come to one of two conclusions:

1) The candidate has an unknown (to me) mental illness/issue & this is the candidate's Mr. Jekyll face. Retest possible.
2) The CFI has lost his ability for good decision-making and needs a 709 review PDQ.

Pete,

If that is your real name, I think it needs to be point out to you that you are not going to get anybody to take your side on this. It seems to me at least, and I daresay most of us that we saw the same things in you based on your posts that the DPE saw. Base on my self admittedly limited interaction with you, and limited observations based on your posting the problem is not with the DPE, but with you, your attitudes, and your personal actions. This may seem too simplified to you, but look at it from the position of Ozcam's Razor. Or if that does not work the as Arthur Conan Doyle says: "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

In any case, I think you need to reevaluate your actions from the outside looking in a you may realize what we as well as your DPE is trying to tell you.

Good luck

I've got $5 that says this whole thing is a troll attempt by that 'benpilot' (of a different board) guy.

I've got $5 that says this whole thing is a troll attempt by that 'benpilot' (of a different board) guy.

Could be, "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog." When people post with no transparency, one never knows who they are dealing with.

Many here had the same question.

I am reassured to see that yes, you can judge a book by its cover.

I think it shows that he was not oblivious to the fact that you're one odd duck, and probably well outside the envelope of personalities that could make a safe and responsible pilot.

Since you claim to be so incredibly smart, I'm surprised that you don't know the difference betwween slander and libel nor why the DPE's questions would not meet the test for either of them.

The DPE asked my CFI if I have any known mental issues, or if I am on any kind of medication not reported.

Based on what I've read here, seems like a perfectly reasonable question to ask. And clearly as someone has mentioned - you have no idea what libel means.

Do us all a favor and go pick up basket weaving as your hobby. You have no business flying an airplane.

How long did the oral portion go, I wonder...

I'm not sure he'll need to put too much change in the parking meter.

Since he went public with this and hasn't changed his attitude and complained to the FSDO, the original DPE, any other DPE, and any FAA examiner is going to be strictly by the book on the next one, and next one, and next one,...

You are correct, the DPE can't revoke your medical. The FAA aeromedical division however can do so. I'll just quote from the AME guide:

A medical certificate holder may be required to undergo a reexamination at any time if, in the opinion of the Federal Air Surgeon or authorized representative within the FAA, there is a reasonable basis to question the airman's ability to meet the medical standards. A (medical) Examiner may NOT order such reexamination.

The
DPE is a representative of the FAA. If he believes that you have mental issues, there is nothing that stops him from submitting that concern to people higher up in his chain of command and eventually aeromedical. If he really thinks you are off the rocker, you may well get a letter from Oklahoma City in the near future.

Given what you have posted and how it shows a distinct lack of any Aeronautical Decision-Making, the DPE was not only within his rights, he was almost required to ask that question.

If I was an examiner and had a candidate so poorly prepared and confrontational as you come to me with an endorsement from a CFI stating that they possessed good judgement and had the requisite knowledge, I would have to come to one of two conclusions:

1) The candidate has an unknown (to me) mental illness/issue & this is the candidate's Mr. Jekyll face. Retest possible.
2) The CFI has lost his ability for good decision-making and needs a 709 review PDQ.

You forgot to add "in your opinion". And your opinion is close to worthless, you're not even a pilot.

You realize that when you complain to the FSDO they investigate you as well as the DPE. They have already vetted the DPE and authorized him, so they already have a base line to investigate against. You on the other hand are not quite in that position. They have your side of the story which I truly hope you delivered in a better form than you delivered it here. Hopefully you just gave them the recording you made to let it speak for itself, because your personal delivery style is pretty counterproductive to your claim of wrongful persecution. Next, they will get the DPE's side of the story, if they don't have the video showing him acting poorly, they will put more weight on his version than yours.

Next look up 44709, because that may very well be in your future. In fact, since you started this and come across with ALL of the FAA Dangerous Attitudes, if they get involved, they will possibly require you to do your next ride with them, or if you manage to pass your next ride with a DPE, they may "709" you to evaluate your mental state.

Whoopsie Daisy! Maybe you are right. Unless, of course, I have no mental issue. The DPE is not qualified to make that diagnosis.

he does however have the Responsibility to evaluate your mental state and report anomalies such as you present to the FSDO who will then act

Nope. His duty is to test me to the PPL standards, no more, no less. He is not an AME.

Whoopsie Daisy! Maybe you are right. Unless, of course, I have no mental issue. The DPE is not qualified to make that diagnosis.

No, but once the FAA becomes involved, the burden of proof will fall on you to prove that you're not if they so ask.

I think it shows that he was not oblivious to the fact that you're one odd duck, and probably well outside the envelope of personalities that could make a safe and responsible pilot.

Since you claim to be so incredibly smart, I'm surprised that you don't know the difference betwween slander and libel nor why the DPE's questions would not meet the test for either of them.

Well, let me explain this to you. His actions are going to prevent me from getting a qualification which will in turn prevent me from using it for financial gain at some point in the future. Therefore, his false statements about me are going to cause me harm. I will hire an attorney, who can call it anything he wants (libel, slander, whatever), who will send a nasty letter to this DPE who will then probably soil himself. Remember, I have a video of him raising his voice at me, and badgering me. I have no mental defect. I am on no medication. So in the end, he has made an accusation that is false and last time I heard you cannot do that and not expect repercussions.

Back