For Sale Pristine 1975 Cessna 172M - Low Time, New Avionics : $89,900 USD

PilotYYZ

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PilotYYZ
Pristine low time 1975 Cessna 172M with recent RAM STC upgrade to 160 HP, new Garmin avionics, commercially maintained, kept in hangar. Flies tight and true.

Avionics / Equipment
PS Engineering PMA600 Audio Panel
Dual Garmin GTR225 VHS Radios
Garmin GTX 327 Transponder 4 Place Intercom with Dual PTT
IPAD mini mount

Airframe

1238 TTSN

Engines / Mods / Prop

RAM STC Upgrade to 160 HP at 500 TSN in April 2016 with
New SKYTEC Starter and PLANE POWER Alternator

Interior / Exterior

Exterior in good shape
Whelan LED Landing and Taxi Lights
Wheel Pants included

Interior is Pristine Vintage with no wear on seats or panels

Remarks

Commercially maintained
Kept in Hanger

Asking $89,900 USD or $110,000 Canadian

Attachments

• Small GCOF Inside 1.jpg
    Small GCOF Inside 1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Small GCOF Inside 2.jpg
    Small GCOF Inside 2.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Small GCOF Interior 1.jpg
    Small GCOF Interior 1.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 130
  • GCOF Exterior 2.jpg
    GCOF Exterior 2.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Small GCOF Interior 2.jpg
    Small GCOF Interior 2.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Small GCOF Interior 5.jpg
    Small GCOF Interior 5.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Small GCOF Interior 9.jpg
    Small GCOF Interior 9.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Seems awfully high asking price for a 172. Especially with no VOR, ILS, or GPS.

I might be missing something but I see no navigation other than that IPad. Looks like a VFR plane only.

small-gcof-interior-2-jpg.60223

Last edited:
Seems awfully high asking price for a 172. Especially with no VOR, ILS, or GPS.
I realize you’re new, so I’ll gently remind you that your comment I quoted is verboten under the RoC. The following is at the very top of the Classifieds forum:

“As stated in the Rules of Conduct, please do not comment on the value of the goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster”

I see that it is of Canadian registry. Owner maintained?

See this: http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ccarcs-riacc/ADet.aspx?id=8599&rfr=RchSimp.aspx

It's commercially registered, so it's a flight school or rental or charter outfit. If it was Owner-Maintained it would be noted as such and would have an X after the aircraft's serial number. 172M's aren't eligible for OM anyway. That list is here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/regserv/cars/part5-standards-a507sh-1837.htm

Scroll down the page to get to the list.

I have but 1 suggestion and it applies to ANY buyer that is buying a 172-N or later have the new pending AD complied with prior to purchase.

I have but 1 suggestion and it applies to ANY buyer that is buying a 172-N or later have the new pending AD complied with prior to purchase.
Valid point.

See this: http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ccarcs-riacc/ADet.aspx?id=8599&rfr=RchSimp.aspx

It's commercially registered, so it's a flight school or rental or charter outfit. If it was Owner-Maintained it would be noted as such and would have an X after the aircraft's serial number. 172M's aren't eligible for OM anyway. That list is here: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/regserv/cars/part5-standards-a507sh-1837.htm

Scroll down the page to get to the list.
Ah, 172s only go through the H. For some reason I was thinking it included all versions. Thanks for the info.

Ah, 172s only go through the H. For some reason I was thinking it included all versions. Thanks for the info.

Here are the basic criteria for the OM classification:

1. (e) An aircraft type and model may be included in Appendix H of this Standard, Aircraft eligible for a Special Certificate of Airworthiness - Owner-maintenance”, where:
    (amended 2002/03/01)

1. (i) the aircraft is of a type certified in accordance with Chapters 522 or 523 of the Airworthiness Manual, or an equivalent foreign standard (Note: An "equivalent standard" could be FAR 23 or another country's standard)
    2. (ii) the aircraft type certificate does not authorize more than four occupants;
    3. (iii) the maximum certificated take-off weight (MCTOW) of the aircraft does not exceed 1,814 kg (4,000 pounds);
    4. (iv) the aircraft is of a type and model that has not been manufactured during the 60 months preceding the date of application;
    5. (v) fewer than 10% of Canadian aircraft of the type and model concerned are operating in Canadian commercial air service at the time of application;
    6. (vi) the aircraft type and model is powered by a single, normally aspirated, piston engine, and is unpressurized; and

7. (vii) except for gliders, powered gliders or aircraft with airframes of wooden construction, the aircraft type and model has a fixed landing gear and a fixed pitch propeller.

I will say it’s a very clean looking bird, but I’d have to pass too.

Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
I realize you’re new, so I’ll gently remind you that your comment I quoted is verboten under the RoC. The following is at the very top of the Classifieds forum:

“As stated in the Rules of Conduct, please do not comment on the value of the goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster”

My apologies. And thank you for letting me know. I do wish the seller best of luck with the sale.

Seems to me that saying "pass" is just as much against the rules. You are really just saying the same thing without saying it. If you aren't interested, just move along.

That is a sweet looking 172.... and looks like recently some love was put into it.. May I ask why it is up for sale?

Back