Priority handling

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
today while eves dropping on the Seattle approach freq, I heard a 787 ask for priority handling.

What is priority handling?

Pretty much like it sounds. Not an emergency, but it'd be nice if we could get this thing on the ground sooner than later.

"Cessna 69K make right traffic for thee one, follow the Beecraft, number ten for landing."

"Central Tower, Arrow 123SA is ten miles to the Southwest for landing with Victor. Request priority handling."

"Arrow 3SA Roger, prioity handling approved. Make right traffic three one, follow the Cessna, number eleven for landing."

Probably coming from Asia and did not see the tailwinds they wanted . . . so if I can get this on the ground in 10 min instead of 15, my pucker factor will be reduced and the airport fire department can keep trying to pick women up on facebook instead of sitting on the side of the runway sweating in their hot flame resistant suits. . .

There was a whole thread on that... sounds kind of like an emergency to me.

I thought "priority handling" was the sticker you put on parcel post to tell the USPS to take it out back and jump on it a few times.

No, wait. That's "fragile." Priority handling means to route it through Duluth to get cross-town.

That's the tag that * Alliance partners put on your luggage so you can be sure it will be the last one on the baggage claim belt. :D

Back