Prince

I think some people here just need to lighten up a bit. I Mean, there's far more important issues to discuss...like unairworthy jets being flown around the country by billionaires.

So the new thread title is "I wouldn't fly a GA Airplane to a Prince concert, because he was a douche"? :)

Thanks for the warning. :)
That reminds me of when Kurt Cobain killed himself. I was driving home to Phoenix from Ft Collins that day. Every rock station in CO/NM/AZ was playing nothing but freakin' Nirvana the whole trip home.

Prince was a great artist, but he actually was a bit of a douche. He was notorious for filing DMCA complaints against people for all kinds of protected fair use, such as using his picture or excerpts from his music for exempted purposes such as critical examination or discussion.

That doesn't take away from his artistic accomplishments, but he wasn't the nicest guy in the music business.

Rich

lighten up francis

:D

You're confused. I'm not the one all offended by the prior title. I was responding to someone calling someone else a douche. Maybe take your own advice ;).

A lot of people don't know he was much more than a singer.
He doesn't get enough credit IMO for being a bad ass guitarist.

He is like phenomenally good at guitar.
Hands down one of the best concerts I have ever seen was Prince. He can shred on the guitar, played half his show acoustic just him and a guitar. Was incredible.

You're confused. I'm not the one all offended by the prior title. I was responding to someone calling someone else a douche. Maybe take your own advice ;).

I'm the one who reported 6PC for the original title. I let some A**hole go on supposing I might have sand in my non-existent vagina. But I shouldn't have.

Oops.. I called the guy who called me p**** an A**. I'm sure I'll be warned.

Go figure.

Last edited:
No what wrong is being a whiny ****ing ***** to the point you have to take your issues offline and ***** like a 12 year old girl because you can't handle a little dark humor.

"Wwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Mods. Someone made a joke, and I'm such a douche canoe that I have to ***** to you about it offline. I want a pooooonnnyyyyyyyy!!!! Where's my pony!?!?!?"

*begin temper tantrum*

Hey when you're done with your tantrum check to see if your testicles have dropped. Maybe it's a sign you might be growing up, but at this point I doubt it.
Not making jokes isnt going to bring him back. Might as well try and find some humor in a bad situation.

Not making jokes isnt going to bring him back. Might as well try and find some humor in a bad situation.

Hmm. Objection. The assumption that Prince keeling over dead is a "bad situation" may be a bit much.

Now if they find evidence someone drugged him into a death stupor like Jackson, that would be a "bad situation".

Rock Stars croaking of bad lifestyle choices has a long and proud historical precedent. Well at least since the 60s.

Exactly. When I go I don't want any tears. Have a party, I'm even going to set aside money in my will for an open bar and a dj. None of this somber funeral home visitation crap.

I am just an aging Texas redneck and might not have enjoyed his style of music as much as others do, but I do respect talent and Prince had plenty of it.

Exactly. When I go I don't want any tears. Have a party, I'm even going to set aside money in my will for an open bar and a dj. None of this somber funeral home visitation crap.

Dad did that. We set it up at a local pub big enough to handle the crowd. People loved it. Numerous folk came up and said they were telling family to never take them anywhere near a funeral home ever when they croaked. No DJ though, we just made a huge playlist from all his music collection and a photo slideshow to put on the big TV the bar provided. The open bar was adorned with a skiing sign with a black diamond on it that proclaimed it was for "Experts Only".

Hmm. Objection. The assumption that Prince keeling over dead is a "bad situation" may be a bit much.

Now if they find evidence someone drugged him into a death stupor like Jackson, that would be a "bad situation".

Rock Stars croaking of bad lifestyle choices has a long and proud historical precedent. Well at least since the 60s.
***bad situation for him. Sad situation for others

Had the real flu once. . .At first, I was afraid I was gonna die. After two days, I was afraid I wasn't gonna die. Took about two weeks to recover, after symptoms abated.

Anyway, good guitar, not so good voice. Just not all that special. . .

***bad situation for him. Sad situation for others

Objection. Not particularly sad here. Kinda meh about it, really.

Don't think he cares much either right now, but that depends on ones view of afterlife and gets messy. So, I'll go with "not that bad for him" at this point. I guess he won't get any more royalties from the Kareoke bars, but I doubt he cares.

Prince makes props. Very nice looking ones . . . but they don't hold up in rain, purple or not. Prince2.jpg Prince1.jpg

Objection. Not particularly sad here. Kinda meh about it, really.

Don't think he cares much either right now, but that depends on ones view of afterlife and gets messy. So, I'll go with "not that bad for him" at this point. I guess he won't get any more royalties from the Kareoke bars, but I doubt he cares.

yeah me too, complications to a drug habit, what would you expect?

The little purple Pepe Le Pew was a chem trail kook. Never got the appeal of the pervert freak. Probably went out drugged out.

Douche canoe?

I like the black diamond idea...

I'm still going on record that Chyna should get s thread too.

Oh, and even better than douche canoe, douche nozzle.

Good day.

Looking like the diversion a few days ago to Moline was to rush Prince to the hospital w/a drug overdose.

Prince was a great artist, but he actually was a bit of a douche. He was notorious for filing DMCA complaints against people for all kinds of protected fair use, such as using his picture or excerpts from his music for exempted purposes such as critical examination or discussion.

That doesn't take away from his artistic accomplishments, but he wasn't the nicest guy in the music business.

Rich

I guess I don't see how vigorously protecting one's intellectual propery is being douchey. Prince was famous for saying "if you don't own your masters then your masters own you." (or something like that)

You won't find his music on Spotify or Pandora because they wouldn't pay him. That's his prerogative. It is HIS property after all.

Fair use? I guess I'd have to see the individual cases. I don't know how anyone would need to use "his picture for critical examination or duscussion."

Let me guess...the whiner(s) who have gone to the extreme of calling a mod and raising hell about a simple joke...have never attended a PoA fly-in event.

Amazing how that works.

Let me guess...the whiner(s) who have gone to the extreme of calling a mod and raising hell about a simple joke...have never attended a PoA fly-in event.

Amazing how that works.

I will NOT take that bet.

And apparently you'd be right. Now he's p.m.'ed me telling me to shut the f*** up and telling me I'm the problem, etc.

I'm glad I could make it to his whine target list.

He did give me his cell phone number if anybody wants it.

Well, if everyone else is the problem...

Back