Prince

It's when these people need a fix that they become impaired. In addition to the usual withdrawal symptoms -- especially the overriding need to find a fix, which becomes their obsessive focus and distracts attention away from everything else other than perhaps breathing -- they're also suffering from whatever pain it was that caused them to be prescribed the painkillers in the first place.

Googling with little interest in fact checking it, seems to indicate that in this dude's case, most of his pain was from needing two hips replaced which he may have rejected doing many years ago for religious reasons, and suffered the pain instead, but eventually had done anyway, a few years ago. He also had ankle injuries and epilepsy.

If so, the irony may be that he created his own hell -- attempting to follow the beliefs of his religion -- in refusing treatment long ago and becoming addicted to narcotics.

The supposed reason for avoiding the surgery? He felt his religion didn't allow him to take drugs for pain.

I don't know whether to facepalm or just be immensely impressed at the powerful rationalization, willpower, and ultimate tragic outcome.

Exactly. When I go I don't want any tears. Have a party, I'm even going to set aside money in my will for an open bar and a dj. None of this somber funeral home visitation crap.

The wife and co-owner of my FBO recently passed unexpectedly at 65. She loved our hangar parties. So we threw a hangar party in lieu of a memorial. It was an awesome tribute to her memory and she would have been so happy to see everyone together, sharing stories in the ambiance of a hangar full of airplanes and engines in various states of repair.

I think I'll ask for the same when my time comes.

Googling with little interest in fact checking it, seems to indicate that in this dude's case, most of his pain was from needing two hips replaced which he may have rejected doing many years ago for religious reasons, and suffered the pain instead, but eventually had done anyway, a few years ago. He also had ankle injuries and epilepsy.

If so, the irony may be that he created his own hell -- attempting to follow the beliefs of his religion -- in refusing treatment long ago and becoming addicted to narcotics.

The supposed reason for avoiding the surgery? He felt his religion didn't allow him to take drugs for pain.

I don't know whether to facepalm or just be immensely impressed at the powerful rationalization, willpower, and ultimate tragic outcome.

My understanding is that Prince was a convert to the Jehovah's Witness faith, in which case his concern would have been about blood, not medication. JWs have no problem with medication, but they typically refuse all blood transfusions, including autologous transfusions (being transfused with one's own previously-collected blood).

I suppose bloodless hip surgery would be a pretty challenging proposition for even a skilled surgeon, which certainly could explain Prince's never having had the surgery and (possibly) using narcotics to manage the pain instead.

Rich

Bloodless hip surgery and pain are nonsequitur.

Cheers

Now we know 40K to drug dealers regularly, I'm sure others got caught up in their dealing because
he was giving them so much money. Let's visit a few of the class acts lyrics a moment.....

"I sincerely want to fXXX the taste out of your mouth."

"I knew a girl named Nikki, I guess U could say she was a sex fiend/I met her in a hotel lobby, masturbating with a magazine"

"If you're tired of the masturbator/Come on over 2 my neighborhood/We can jump in the sack and I'll jack U off"

"U had a pocket full of horses/Trojan and some of them used...I'm gonna try 2 tame your little red love machine"

etc etc etc

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/5944/20140506/10-of-princes-dirtiest-lyrics.htm

Man that is just some primo stuff huh? So good, So clever. So talented. Dear gawd put him on money. Have the children sing his lyrics.

Then you better never listen to P Control.

Folks need to chill man

Old enough to remember...

Country Joe and the Fish at Woodstock (I was there). "GIMME AN F!..."

And the first major recording I remember with the "F" word - "Some Girls", with The Rolling Stones telling us what black girls want to do all night!

I found it liberating after the stuffed shirt 50's.

Now we know 40K to drug dealers regularly, I'm sure others got caught up in their dealing because
he was giving them so much money. Let's visit a few of the class acts lyrics a moment.....

"I sincerely want to fXXX the taste out of your mouth."

"I knew a girl named Nikki, I guess U could say she was a sex fiend/I met her in a hotel lobby, masturbating with a magazine"

"If you're tired of the masturbator/Come on over 2 my neighborhood/We can jump in the sack and I'll jack U off"

"U had a pocket full of horses/Trojan and some of them used...I'm gonna try 2 tame your little red love machine"

etc etc etc

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/5944/20140506/10-of-princes-dirtiest-lyrics.htm

Man that is just some primo stuff huh? So good, So clever. So talented. Dear gawd put him on money. Have the children sing his lyrics.

Hint: "LRC" is not about an American sports car.

Back