Priceless - the joy of flight

DFH65

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
DFH65
Our local museum just had our annual airshow this weekend and I helped wrangling people for our historic rides program. My job was basically to get people loaded in the planes give them the basic safety information.

But, the best part by far is opening the door when the plane comes back and seeing that ear to ear smile on their faces. Pretty much every person was just beaming when they got back. Many first flights, many first time in a small plane flights, some rekindling flight experiences from way back when. Even the one kid who I couldn't hardly get to talk had a grin when he came back.

FWIW propping airplanes with warm engines for several hours a day is a better workout than paying for gym membership. I am going to look like Popeye soon.

I know cool story bro and all that. :)

That is a great story. Very rewarding to share your love of flying with these new, wide-eyed folks! Awesome

Pics are required :)

Wish I had some. For a volunteer job I was working like a dog. :) We had two planes going with a 1/2 hour scheduled for each 20 minuteish ride. With the airshow going on our schedule for rides was before and after the waiver so we were trying to get as many in as we could.

Sure beats marshaling airplanes and dealing with those pesky pilots. :)

Back