Previously Reported No Changes no longer acceptable

F

F;etch

Howdy,

Last time at my AME, I was told by their staff that PRNC is no longer an acceptable answer for any box 18 "yes" items. They went on to say that you must report the "yes" items on every 8500 you submit. They claim they were audited and the feds made this an emphasis item.

I've ask around, and I've gotten some wildly inconsistent answers.

All of mine are routine, but as a middle age dude, the list is fairly long.

Anyone have the straight scoop?

Thanks!

And to tag on to this thread, since everything else auto fills on my application, why don’t the previous doctor visits carry forward? Most of my time filling out the form is spent re entering those things and they don’t change visit to visit. Add the new drop the old.

Sigh.

And to tag on to this thread, since everything else auto fills on my application, why don’t the previous doctor visits carry forward? Most of my time filling out the form is spent re entering those things and they don’t change visit to visit. Add the new drop the old.

Sigh.
It has to do with the HIPAA law, Greg. So it goes in the American empire.

The AME has to demonstrate knowledge of each item that is positive and bring by his commentary, each to a close, for the application to be successful. PRNC just means that the AME has then to conduct an inquiry and gain understanding as to what the positive box was all about, and demonstrate that knowledge in his box 60 documentation. It is in essence, designee control.

You can put PRNC in the box and I will inquire.

Of course if I've done your last 5 medicals, I'll just look at the last few and go, "reported in exam of 5/18/2017. Airman has not had another episode"....or the like. I think I have a lot of airmen who make the trek up to Bolingbrook from downstate just because they don't want to take the chance that the next guy won't close the commentary.

EACH and every item has to be shown to be airworthy. The AME does have a sheet (only after the exam is live, however) indicating which items have EVER been marked "yes" in the past, and we start there.

Those of you who have made the trek to Peoria, and now Bolingbrook, know that I want the Airman's copy of the MedXpress BEFORE any travel is undertaken because I want to have "the whole story" before you commit to a UA/AA/Delta/SWA airfare or a long Baron trip. In essence, I want the situation to be "if you can see, hear, the exam is negative and there's nothing in your pee, you get to go home PIC. OR, it we know that's not issuable, at least that we have all the items necessary to close EACH AND EVERY event string in a manner acceptable to the administrator.

I haven't asked permission to disclose, but one of the moderators of this board has had that experience. We closed every single darned of them. Hives, I believe it was and about 10 years ago. Issued the certificate and did NOT get challenged. "IOW: dog down that hatch good, lieutenant....."

you the airman can still put PRNC ... but the AME has to elaborate and id any current aeronautical issues, even that appendectomy 18 years ago. Surprisingly I support this. You can help by a simple" appendix at age 24 ... no further problems" The FAA position is that this encourages a more in depth dialogue between the 2 of us.

Just one more reason to go Basic Med.

How many times should I need to report that scope and clean in my shoulder back in 2001 anyway? etc., etc. That's the whole reason behjnd PRNC anyway, isn't it? Or do I need to report every single doctor visit in my life each time, and not just since the last Class III? That's just begging for mistakes to happen, and then I'm in trouble . . . .

Just one more reason to go Basic Med.

How many times should I need to report that scope and clean in my shoulder back in 2001 anyway? etc., etc. That's the whole reason behjnd PRNC anyway, isn't it? Or do I need to report every single doctor visit in my life each time, and not just since the last Class III? That's just begging for mistakes to happen, and then I'm in trouble . . . .

doctors visits ... just last 3 years. That hernia repair 11 year ago ... yup check the block ... put PRNC, or put again a short sentence to help the AME. The AME cannot use PRNC.

Howdy all,
Thanks for the quick dialog...

Soooo, just to wrap up...I can continue to use PRNC on the 8500, but as long as I bring a piece of self-generated paper with me that lists all the box 18 items, their dates and ultimate resolutions, and that I have reported them, we should be good?

Thanks!

Howdy all,
Thanks for the quick dialog...

Soooo, just to wrap up...I can continue to use PRNC on the 8500, but as long as I bring a piece of self-generated paper with me that lists all the box 18 items, their dates and ultimate resolutions, and that I have reported them, we should be good?

Thanks!

your memory will suffice if it is accurate!

I am absolutely certain I have left out things from decades ago, by mistake -
what are the consequences of reporting something every 2 years for 20 years, then having it drop once??

your memory will suffice if it is accurate!
This. I'm 66. I have stuff going back to my appendectomy when I was 4. Disclosed them once. Never been an issue dealing with them with later AMEs, even without exact dates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back