PREVIEW: Wings of Hope 2017 Aircraft Raffle

Ken Pedersen

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Pedersen
Last year, thanks to your continuing support of our aircraft raffles, we were able to transport 285 seriously ill patients via 498 flights to and from the very best medical treatment previously unavailable or unknown to them......and at no cost to them nor any external group or agency.
For our 2017 raffle commencing April 1 we're offering a very clean and sharp looking 1979 Piper Archer II, PA-28-181. For a preliminary look please click on our website www.wingsofhope.ngo and click on Airplane Raffle. Keep checking this site as we continue to add more information on the plane itself and the raffle, and be sure to click on some of our other drop-down menus which explain Wings of Hope's worldwide projects. ......and again, thanks for your support!

****ing FIRST! I got this. Two in a row for Bama, hell yeah. Just ordered an AOA for it I'm so confident. If not, I'll put it on the old El Camino.

Yup April 1st eman, nice looking PA28.

Just set a reminder on my phone.

is that what that little red light is for?

refurbished-black-rotary-dial-phone-with-flashing-ring-indicator-light-free-shipping-in-the-usa-one-year-warranty-1.gif

As we update the web page....and on postcards many of you will receive around March 10....it'll state that the tickets go on sale April 1 at 6:00 a.m. CST. We were amazed when the last raffle sold out in 12 hrs.! No change in pricing: $50 ea. or 3 for $125.

@Ken Pedersen --- Do you have the rest of details about the aircraft? Times? Avionics?

Also, any details on amount of tickets for sale?

Last edited:
4000 tickets....same as last raffle. Same price as well -- $50 each or 3 for $125
Avionics: Dual KX-175 Nav/Com with GS, KMA 24 audio panel, PS Engineering intercom, KN-62A DME, Stratus ESG transponder ASB, Stratus 2i ADSB in receiver, Piper autopilot.

Last edited:
Man if I win that, I'm selling it for double the market price to a Tennessee fan.

#somuch70'sorange

Lol, just yesterday I was thinking, gee, it's probably time to check in on Wings of Hope, I bet they have another raffle...

Sure enough!

Hi....just a quick note regarding the plane's pic on the raffle website www.wingsofhope.ngo The photo shows no fairing on the nose wheel -- it was removed for inspection and hadn't been remounted at the time we decided to photograph. No worry....all 3 wheels will have fairing. If you've bought our raffle tickets in the past you'll likely be receiving a postcard by next weekend 3/18 reminding you that raffle tickets will go on sale April 1 at 6:00 a.m. CDT. Thanks again for your support!

none of those fancy shmancy avionics upgrades y'all did the last time?

Hi....just a quick note regarding the plane's pic on the raffle website www.wingsofhope.ngo The photo shows no fairing on the nose wheel -- it was removed for inspection and hadn't been remounted at the time we decided to photograph. No worry....all 3 wheels will have fairing. If you've bought our raffle tickets in the past you'll likely be receiving a postcard by next weekend 3/18 reminding you that raffle tickets will go on sale April 1 at 6:00 a.m. CDT. Thanks again for your support!

So I've gotta get up Saturday morning, April 1st at 6am to put in my ticket? You're fooling me, right?

Geez people maroon is for Mississippi State..get it straight!

Man a plane raffle thread turned college color thread....how'd that happen?haha

Congratulations to the following winners and thanks to all for your support of our medical air transport mission!
  • Plane Winner: #39131175....from MPLS
  • Instruction Winner: #39131487 ......from Buffalo Grove, IL
Next raffle will be in September.

Back