Preventing Loss of Control (LOC) Accidents

Robert Dunn

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bob D.
I am designing an aircraft that passively recovers from LOC. Are any members interested in this topic?

Like a Cessna 172? Or a Cirrus-chute? Does it have an Audi diesel psru and canard?

From any LOC attitude it enters a fully recoverable falling leaf. The design is a 2 seat light plane

I am designing an aircraft that passively recovers from LOC. Are any members interested in this topic?

I’d be interested in the airplane academically, just because I think alternative airplane designs are interesting (I think the aircraft like the Facetmobile, Rutan designs, etc, are cool).

If by “interested” you mean having an interest in buying the building plans or buying the finished aircraft, then probably not. Choosing an airplane to own is a decision that would be informed primarily by cost of ownership, cost of operation, performance, and utility. I’d be more likely to buy an airplane with those factors in mind, and if I felt a need to increase safety margins, spend the money on an autopilot to prevent/recover from spatial disorientation and/or another round of spin training.

I apologize. but I do not recognize your national flag…
I’d be interested in the airplane academically, just because I think alternative airplane designs are interesting (I think the aircraft like the Facetmobile, Rutan designs, etc, are cool).

If by “interested” you mean having an interest in buying the building plans or buying the finished aircraft, then probably not. Choosing an airplane to own is a decision that would be informed primarily by cost of ownership, cost of operation, performance, and utility. I’d be more likely to buy an airplane with those factors in mind, and if I felt a need to increase safety margins, spend the money on an autopilot to prevent/recover from spatial disorientation and/or another round of spin training.
as soon as I reach the requisite number of posts I’ll upload some pictures and a video
Sure, why not? What are the design tradeoffs to make that possible?

As soon as I reach the requisite number of posts I’ll upload some pins and data.

this triple tandem wing airliner is a step in the right direction. My work has been on a 2-seat LSA strongly influenced by Barnaby Wainfan’s

Originally, I became interested in eliminating the need for high lift devices such as flaps & slats by having 3 wings in tandem, each having differing wing areas and differing angles of incidences. The middle wing has a symmetrical airfoil with an angle of incidence of zero degrees. During cruising flight this wing would have an angle of attack of zero degrees and would not produce any lift or induced drag.

This link gives a better idea: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zth2DzFi5875y2quld8NcTTr0yx-QAxh/view

Jordan

picture not wide enough
Palestine, Jordan is very similar.

At any rate, the cabin is similar to a Dyke Delta? A lifting body but set at 0 incidence?

Assuming fabric cover for weight - are you looking to EAB or certificated? That light sport is an awful tough weight to make.

Jordan

picture not wide enough

Palestine, Jordan is very similar.

At any rate, the cabin is similar to a Dyke Delta? A lifting body but set at 0 incidence?

Assuming fabric cover for weight - are you looking to EAB or certificated? That light sport is an awful tough weight to make.

Thank you for clarifying your national flag. This link explains my concept in detail:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zRbdlFsHKXEzNWdyGlDLp2GX2QTc-_2P/view?usp=drive_web

Back