Pressurization Issue Today

It has temp protections but the sensor for the cabin is located behind a bulkhead next to the door. So it's always incorrect. The FA will get hot on the ground, push the panel to full cold, while we spool up on takeoff and get multiple pack warnings. The system can't handle full cold on auto while going from idle to full power. The ECIAS message: Pack 1(2) OVHT is that the post pack temp sensor is reading over 250*ish.

It's a crappy A/C system. So most of the time we keep it in manual. The joke is if you like to be hot sit in the back, if you like to be cold sit up front and it rains in the middle.

Your FAs are allowed to touch cockpit controls?

That leads me to believe you don't understand the purpose of the ACM, it's for air conditioning, not pressurization.
Sorry if gave a poor explanation, it's been 9 years since I sold my Citation. On a Citation II and a Conquest II the bleed air runs through the ACM to control the temperature of the air coming into the cabin. And it is not necessary to turn the pressurization off and on for every flight. On a Conquest I, the bleed are is sent into the cabin at a much higher temperature and must be turned off on the ground to prevent an air duct overheat. On 414/421's the pressurization comes from the turbos and there is no issue with overheating the air ducts on the ground. Is that better? :D

A lot of planes have controls in the cabin too.

I would think that those would be limited to zone controllers that would not drive the valves that control the ACM.

Do you really want a FA to be able to operate a system that they most likely have no concept of how it works?

I would think that those would be limited to zone controllers that would not drive the valves that control the ACM.

Do you really want a FA to be able to operate a system that they most likely have no concept of how it works?

Obviously the Brazilians did, or they wouldn't have built it that way. I'd gladly take that system, to avoid the sometimes constant calls from the FA complaining that it's hot and too turn the temperature down, when the knob has been full cold since we started the APU at the gate before boarding.

True, they control zonal mixing valves. But, maybe not on little Brazilian single zone aircraft.

To be fair, I'm not directly moving valves either. On my airframe all we're doing is setting the desired temp in the various zones, and the system does the rest. The flight attendants do the same thing. I can turn their controls off and set the temps directly from the flight deck, if necessary.

That said, my current airplane doesn't have a history of packs overtemping because of how we have the temps set (my old airplanes did, though).

Of course the ideal solution is to stick a knob that's not connected to anything to somewhere inside a galley, and label it "Cabin Temp".

It'd still eliminate 90% of the complaints from the back. ;)

Of course the ideal solution is to stick a knob that's not connected to anything to somewhere inside a galley, and label it "Cabin Temp".

It'd still eliminate 90% of the complaints from the back. ;)
I know a guy that did that with thermostats in his office, it would trigger the fan and nothing else!

Back