Presidential TFR petition

Yeah, good luck with that. Ever since we went from the little one mile TFRs for the president to the monster ones we have now, people have been making that impact case. The only thing that happens is that it moves around with each regime change a bit. Of course, if you're unfortunate enough to live within 60 miles of DC or near one of the former presidents' residence, you're still screwed. Hell George Washington has been dead for 218 years and we still have a P area over his house.

In fact, Congress is so spineless that even though they demanded the FAA submit a justification as to just why some of this stuff was necessary. The FAA in their continued abuse of Constitutional process blew them off, and Congress just let it go.

"And, with the frequency with which the president visits his residences in Bedminster, NJ and Mar-a-Lago, small businesses are losing literally millions of dollars."

"small businesses are losing like literally millions of dollars."

I can't sign it until they make that change.

"And, with the frequency with which the president visits his residences in Bedminster, NJ and Mar-a-Lago, small businesses are losing literally millions of dollars."

drop both "like" and "literally"

drop both "like" and "literally"

The "like" and the "literally" are important when conveying just how much is at stake here. If they changed from millions to billions it would be more believable and I would sign without them adding "like".

The "like" and the "literally" are important when conveying just how much is at stake here. If they changed from millions to billions it would be more believable and I would sign without them adding "like".
Using "like" in this context gives the impression of teenager conversation. No need for literally, either. Many businesses impacted have stated actual numbers or numbers based on historical income. Use those.

Using "like" in this context gives the impression of teenager conversation. No need for literally, either. Many businesses impacted have stated actual numbers or numbers based on historical income. Use those.

Seems like important stuff. Maybe they could have included that “like literally” in the request.

Smaller TFRs do not please the crown.

Perhaps "small businesses are losing like, um, literally millions of dollars."

Every 4 years we pick our TFR locus.

We can add, "I like everything he thinks, but I'll be in TFR hell" to the equation just as easily as "I hate everything he thinks, but he never comes here."

Beyond this, I cannot comment without risk of sanction from the MC.

We can add, "I like everything he thinks, but I'll be in TFR hell" to the equation just as easily as "I hate everything he thinks, but he never comes here."

I've voted for some, for less...definitely worthy of at least some consideration as a pilot.

I think TFRs like literally make us safer.

I've found it hilarious that I live in the time zone that pretty much everyone forgets about. Watch Fox or CNN, the bottom scroll often has the current time displayed for the timezones. Not Mountain.

Downside - FTG is 5 nm from BKF, which is the USAF base where everyone TO/L these days, which is also 5 nm from DEN. Interesting triangle of airports.

Back