President Johnson orders pants

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
And let me preface this with yes, this is a real phone call recorded in 1964 from the Oval Office to the Haggar clothing company.

"I just need a little more room in the crotch, ya know, where ya nuts hang, all the way back to the bunghole."

My father used to call those "pants like a country hotel".
No ballroom.

I've read a few memoirs from various authors who knew LBJ. They all described him as a straight-talking, down-to-earth guy with a sense of humor that leaned strongly toward the macabre. He was certainly an interesting fellow.

Doris Kearns Goodwin's biography of LBJ is a good read, by the way. Actually, pretty much anything she's written is worth reading if you're interested in politics and history.

Rich

LBJ was and still is a very interesting and colorful person. I got to meet Ladybird one time and she was a real sweetheart.

One great story is how he would drive his Lincoln Continental across the pastures at a high rate of speed, leaving the secret service guys behind. Then he would suddenly stop and hold his glass out the window. A secret service guy would run up, fill his glass with whiskey, and off he would go again, tearing across the fields....All of his cars floorboards would be bent up....

He sounds pretty nuts to me.

I've read a few memoirs from various authors who knew LBJ. They all described him as a straight-talking, down-to-earth guy with a sense of humor that leaned strongly toward the macabre. He was certainly an interesting fellow.

Doris Kearns Goodwin's biography of LBJ is a good read, by the way. Actually, pretty much anything she's written is worth reading if you're interested in politics and history.

Rich

Rich,

I also tend to find her books quite illuminating. I also like any author who write honestly, about high political office holders, instead of fluff pieces, or hatchet jobs.

There is so much to learn through the history surrounding pivot point decisions, and historians who honestly bring it forward, are a precious resource to America.

I laughed when he just lets loose with a belch in the middle of the call.

We visited the LBJ ranch not long ago, and I have say, it was a surreal experience, seeing all those rooms that I remember being behind the president on television, when I was a boy in the 1960s.

He really was a larger than life personality. Completely unelectable nowadays, he represented a bygone era of arm-twisting, uniquely American politician.

I admire the man greatly. Too bad he used so much of his charisma and power to enact programs that have ultimately crippled America.

Well, Him and Mc Namara killed 59,000 American soldiers....:mad2::mad2:

I was never an LBJ fan, and that even makes it worse. Those guys were sacrificed for economic stimulus (military industrial complex), and to show the Russians and Chinese we would fight, and stop the domino effect. I don't think it was anywhere near worth it.

In later life, at least McNamara admitted he was wrong, and apologized.

Appoligy not accepted. :no:

May they all rot in hell.

When he said that I thought "He needs to face a firing squad", pretty much the same when Greenspan admitted that he was wrong on his view of how the world works and that the markets would look out for society's best interest, and that Trickle Down Economics is a failure that's destroyed our nation. These people should be executed.

Appoligy not accepted. :no:

May they all rot in hell.

I hope your including little bush , who not only failed to learn from this disaster but refused to serve in Vietnam, ducked into the guard to avoid combat and then invaded Iraq by lying about WMD along with five deferment cheney. However, Halliburton and defense contractors did well. ( caro has the best book on Johnson. ) johnson would steal a hot stove.

Last edited:
I hope your including little bush , who not only failed to learn from this disaster but refused to serve in Vietnam, ducked into the guard to avoid combat and then invaded Iraq by lying about WMD along with five deferment cheney. However, Halliburton and defense contractors did well. ( caro has the best book on Johnson. ) johnson would steal a hot stove.
Take your meds Jimmy.

He sounds pretty nuts to me.

There's probably a federal procurement document that he could have referenced. menswear/slacks/waist expandable-collapsable/nutsack space large

There's probably a federal procurement document that he could have referenced. menswear/slacks/waist expandable-collapsable/nutsack space large

And we have him to thank for the "Great Society" which really stepped up the entire welfare state, and entitlement mentality that we have today.

And we have him to thank for the "Great Society" which really stepped up the entire welfare state, and entitlement mentality that we have today.

Yep, the reintroduction of slavery basically. You create a class of socially unwanted people that benefit the the market economy. Only this time instead of getting them to produce something of value, you just get them to spend money.

Jimmy is the bunghole LBJ was referring to.

Tough to educate hicks. They dont read much. You sound like a real bumpkin. In fact similar to Johnson himself who was a crude dishonest person. Should gave been on a used car lot.

I suppose next you're going to say the current occupant of The White House is a saint. :goofy:

The Johnson Administration was "Of the birds, by the birds, and for the birds".

When he said that I thought "He needs to face a firing squad", pretty much the same when Greenspan admitted that he was wrong on his view of how the world works and that the markets would look out for society's best interest, and that Trickle Down Economics is a failure that's destroyed our nation. These people should be executed.

Can we just have a mod make these two posts a Sticky called "standard responses to everything" so they don't have to be added to every thread? LOL.

It's pretty sad when a simple, funny, little thread goes on ignore because the political f***faces here turn it into spin zone material.

On ignore...

I hope your including little bush...

Tough to educate hicks. They dont read much. You sound like a real bumpkin. In fact similar to Johnson himself who was a crude dishonest person. Should gave been on a used car lot.

LMAO! Glass houses, Jimbo...

Didn't know people living in the greater Philadelphia (#5 largest city in 'Murica) metro area qualified as "hicks." :dunno: But, whatever!

Last edited:
Back