Prescribed Fentanyl

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
In ER rt now, I am fine, here with a friend, she has some chest pain and the first thing the docs did was push a doze of fentalyn. That made me think, if roles were reversed and this was me...what happens to my medical? I am guessing when a ER doc prescribes Fentanyl, a Tylenol isn't going to cut it....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Party like it's 1999.

But seriously, hope your friend gets better quickly.

Had a friend prescribed xanax for a panic attack after suddenly losing his job.... he'd never need it in any other situation and the situation was temporary... what if that were me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah, but do I loose my medical for one incident like this???

All good, turned out to be anxiety attack of some kind. Or at least that's what they think... a doze of vaserol or some thing like that took care of her. Guess that's a no no medication as well... and the 10k bill that's coming down the road...

In ER rt now, I am fine, here with a friend, she has some chest pain and the first thing the docs did was push a doze of fentalyn. That made me think, if roles were reversed and this was me...what happens to my medical? I am guessing when a ER doc prescribes Fentanyl, a Tylenol isn't going to cut it....

If the docs suspect a heart attack, one of the first things they do is to control the pain. There is no benefit to leaving it untreated and pain increases the amount of adrenaline in the system.

It's the heart attack, pulmonary embolus or tear in your aorta that would affect your medical, not the medications administered for the treatment of a medical condition. If you had anesthesia for a boob-job you would get fentanyl too, no negative effect on your medical as long as it is limited to prescription use during a procedure of for an acute event.

turned out to be anxiety attack of some kind....

That diagnosis is a bigger deal than the medication, and could cause problems with your medical. The FAA doesn't like pilots who get panic attacks, and they don't consider there to be any difference between panic and anxiety attacks, as Dr. Bruce stated here.

Last edited:
That diagnosis is a bigger deal than the medication, and could cause problems with your medical. The FAA doesn't like pilots who get panic attacks, and they don't consider there to be any difference between panic and anxiety attacks, as Dr. Bruce stated here.
Not for me, I was there with a frined, she was in the ER. I was there for moral support and sandwiches

Be careful with that stuff.
I hear ya...especially after the news on the spirit pilot and his wife..thankfully I stay away from pain meds even when I need them

I know, but you asked how the situation would play out if you were in your friend's situation.
Yah, I was just thinking about the Fentanyl...but I guess the diagnosis is worst than the med

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back