Praise for S-tec (Cobham) and Chad Howard

stapler101

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
stapler101
Yes, It is me, the guy who, in an earlier post, was really upset with S-tec and my avionics shop over (1) no quote prior to repair (2) auto pilot not fixed.
Chad Howard, flight operations, from Cobham has bent over backwards to make this MORE than right!!
He personally came to my local airport yesterday and flew my plane, verifying that the problem I said existed still existed.
He then took my plane back to Mineral Wells to have the computer "rebuilt" completely at no charge AND he made an adjustment for the cost of fuel that I had used in going back and forth to the avionics shop on my purchase of a GPSS unit that they are installing in the plane.
When all is done I will have a fixed auto pilot with new GPSS.
i could not be happier with the effort made to satisfy my problem.
Thanks to Chad Howard, Robert DuRall and Joe Howard!

Viva La Internet!

Glad to see they're owning up. Bummer it took this long.

I second that.... good to hear they are addressing the problem.

Hopefully we will not see a post from you in this thread with the words, " it still ain't fixed" .

Ben.

Last edited:
Good on you for reporting back, mostly we hear accounts about how xx was awful - seeing credit given where due is appreciated by all.

Very reassuring - most importantly, because it tells us that the Cobham organization still recognizes the importance of allowing flexibility in customer service policies, and is allowing its S-Tec (are they actually using that name any more?) people the discretion to do the right thing.

That is good.

Too bad you had to make such a stink of it to get any satisfaction. It would be nicer if it was done right the first time, without the aggro and time wasted.

That is good news. I'm curious what was it that made cobham react? Your posting here on POA? A well written letter to Cobham or a telephone call?

That is good news. I'm curious what was it that made cobham react? Your posting here on POA? A well written letter to Cobham or a telephone call?

Word on the street is stapler hired a guy named Guido to pay them a call and apparently the wheels started turning then..:goofy::goofy::D

The final chapter:
Chad returned my plane yesterday with the computer completely rebuilt and the gpss installed!
He even fueled the plane when he landed.
Everyone at S-tec Cobham has gone overboard to make me a happy, loyal customer.
My next upgrade is a Garmin 430w and their shop will definitely get the business.

thanks again to Chad and all the others who communicated with me about the problems.

The final chapter:
Chad returned my plane yesterday with the computer completely rebuilt and the gpss installed!
My next upgrade is a Garmin 430w and their shop will definitely get the business.

thanks again to Chad and all the others who communicated with me about the problems.

Thats's a GREAT conclusion.. As the saying " word of mouth is the best advertisement" I will keep them in mind for all my future needs.

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com

Last edited:
The final chapter:

Man, I'm glad to hear that. I really like the S-TEC autopilots - With the exception of the Garmin GFC700 (which isn't available as a retrofit), I think they have the best autopilots out there - I'm glad to hear their customer service matches up as well. :yes:

Back