Practicing the lost art in Watertown SD.

Neat video. I worked in Watertown over the summer of '08 or '09...one of the two. It had a very active airport for a town its size.

Played 18 holes of golf almost every night after work...stayed light until 10pm.

Nice town (in the summer).

I was amazed that they still had drive thru bars like Florida and California had back in the '70s and '80s. You could get a beer or a mixed drink at a drive up window at the west edge of town on the way to the golf course. Not that I'd ever do that...

Neat video. I worked in Watertown over the summer of '08 or '09...one of the two. It had a very active airport for a town its size.

Played 18 holes of golf almost every night after work...stayed light until 10pm.

Nice town (in the summer).

I was amazed that they still had drive thru bars like Florida and California had back in the '70s and '80s. You could get a beer or a mixed drink at a drive up window at the west edge of town on the way to the golf course. Not that I'd ever do that...

Winter is awful, other than that, it’s nice up there. I kept a Cessna 150 and flew a bit while I attended Lake Area for aviation maintenance.

Lot's of "pride in ownership" up there. I loved the flower boxes hanging from every commercial street's light pole in town and both the city and volunteers driving around with water trucks keeping them watered all summer long.

And I didn't know white pelicans nested inland until that summer. The lakes out west of town were surrounded by them!

I could live there...even with the harsh winters. The only downside is the lack of hills, I like hills.

Back