PPL question

Obtain your medical certificate first. Search this forum about answering the questions on form 8500-8 especially Question 18 before you go to the Aviation Medical Examiner to make sure you won't have any surprises that could foul the process. One of which as a kid of the new millennia is being improperly labeled ADD/ADHD.

We suggest getting the medical hurdle done early so money isn't wasted on training just to find out something brings it to a complete halt or a long delay.

The ADD diagnosis is a huge PITA.

@JCranford thanks for the info

To use bulk payments for planes and get set up with instructors they make you join the flight club. The flight club owns the planes, Flying W does not have a flight school in the traditional sense. I mentioned the cost because while cheaper in some respects it is a recurrent cost you will not have with a traditional school.

Can someone tell me the difference between part 61 and part 141 schools ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you asking that, again? You already started a thread on that very question didn't you? :rolleyes:

Why are you asking that, again? You already started a thread on that very question didn't you? :rolleyes:
And your Tapatalk annoyance is turned on again....

Eduardo, no need to repeat the same question multiple times in multiple places. Just one time in one place and we'll get it answered.

And on some, beat it completely to death..... again.

Hello again, can anyone recommend me any flight simulator for computers ? Thank you

Hello again, can anyone recommend me any flight simulator for computers ? Thank you
I'm in the camp with many that would recommend you not sour your primary training with simulators. They can't help you learn to feel the airplane nor develop the senses or sight pictures you need.

Afterwards, they're great for instrument simulation and such... But otherwise, they're nothing but a game.

I advise to abstain from use of simulators prior to and during primary flight training.

Way to easy to pick up bad habits that then cost money with instructor and plane rental to undo.

Plus, a decent setup to run any sim with decent performance will be expensive. You already declared you have no money for training (except for bank of mom & dad). Money you would spend on a sim set up would have better results put into actual training, not virtual.

Thinking troll here.......:rolleyes:
Not yet. Just a youngling who doesn't have the real world/life experience many of us have and doesn't know the best path to take. Nor that many of these questions have already been covered many times on PoA.

I apologize if any of you think I've made dumb questions. But all your answers have been really helpful, thank you

Last edited:
I didn't realize that Herb Hortmann died. He was only 57. That sucks.

It just blows me away that some get so offended because tapatalk (or whatever it is) is in their signature. Really??

It just blows me away that some get so offended because tapatalk (or whatever it is) is in their signature. Really??

Once or twice is okay... but seeing it for every TT user on every post is very annoying.

Once or twice is okay... but seeing it for every TT user on every post is very annoying.
To be honest, I will never notice. It's like someone's signature tag line... Read it a couple times than I never look again.

If it's in the sig area, I am fine with that since I have that suppressed. But in the body of every post is where it's annoying

If it's in the sig area, I am fine with that since I have that suppressed. But in the body of every post is where it's annoying

If it annoys you so, why have you waited all these years to start moaning about it?

Just so I could receive the love from you. *smooch*

But you have a signature line (and image) yourself! I just counted six of them on this page! :p

Just giving you a hard time, Mike. :D

Fischer Aviation is amazing but may be a bit far from you. They are in Caldwell NJ. KCDW

Back