Want To Buy Power tow or similar

CARLOS W

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Wild2fly
Looking for a power tow. If anyone knows anyone selling one please let me know. I am based out if San Antonio. Can fly anywhere in Texas.. or pay to have it shipped.

Guess nothing it there

I know someone who has an extra, but no idea how it'd get shipped or flown to you. He said it has old gas in it and might need some TLC to get it started, last time I talked to him.

P.S. No idea which airplane's attachment parts it has, either... you know you'll have to contact the manufacturer if you find one with the wrong connections on it, and they'll sell you the correct ones to put on it? I forget what those parts run, but they usually get a few significant bucks out of you for the ends...

Hey guys. I can always call the manufacturer for connections. For the ez40 used price is from 3-600 depending on conditions I think. Let me know. We can see about shipping etc . I'm in texas

Since we've revived this thread, it cant be 'too' hard to convert a riding mower to a tug huh? I can weld, so adapting a tow bar or building one and attaching a tug fitting to the mower should be easy enough, right??

Has anyone converted a mobility scooter to a tow? Wondering how one can determine if it would pull/push a 2500 lb aircraft.

Has anyone converted a mobility scooter to a tow? Wondering how one can determine if it would pull/push a 2500 lb aircraft.
i've seen it done successfully w/ a C177.

I have a Robotow great condition with good battery and charger looking for $850.

I don't see a stock mobility scooter being feezable at 2500 pounds. Mine does ok with ~1700 pounds but the ramp is pretty flat, all nice concrete with very little step up into the hangar. I think the hangar floor is 1/4 inch higher than the ramp. Could alway borrow one and see how it goes.

Back