posting from a tent.

Thanks.

I live in Corinth (Denton)
And we got beat up pretty good last night.
Supposed to be 2 more days of it.
Gotcha. I'm 5 miles west of Sanger. They just closed 455 by my house due to water coming over the road. Clear creek is gonna set a record today.

Nice pictures, there is no way you or your better half can deny those kids, nice family.

Posting from a friend's property on Lake Loudon, TN:

16814688294_fbc4f8f66c_z.jpg

Part of my honeymoon 5 years ago was a 3 day backcountry hiking trip in the mountains between Silverton and Durango. Ride the narrow gauge train, get off halfway between towns in the wilderness and start walking. Good times.

In in Little Elm and we're getting pounded again right now.

The N TX crowd need to meet up for coffee some tiime

Part of my honeymoon 5 years ago was a 3 day backcountry hiking trip in the mountains between Silverton and Durango. Ride the narrow gauge train, get off halfway between towns in the wilderness and start walking. Good times.

In in Little Elm and we're getting pounded again right now.

The N TX crowd need to meet up for coffee some tiime

I love a good storm but I'm kinda done with at it this point.
my yard is a swamp. Supposed to be worse tomorrow. :(

Forecast for OK today is all over the place, yesterday it was the western half of the state on the 80% chance for severe weather, then it was pushed off to the NW border of OK/KS, now the major chance is being reassigned. Weather channel and NWS are trying to figure out just what is going to happen today, spectacular considering how incredible volatile the conditions are. TOR:CON from the weather channel is up to 6/10 now from 4/10 this morning and NWS has made 2 updates to their outlook so far this morning.

Watching and waiting from work, no one is flying in this stuff and all the planes are tucked away in hangars waiting for the worst. 500 foot ceiling.

I love a good storm but I'm kinda done with at it this point.
my yard is a swamp. Supposed to be worse tomorrow. :(

Oh I agree. My checkride is on its third reset due to the weather and it looks like Tuesday will be another no-go.

Posting from a friend's property on Lake Loudon, TN:

16814688294_fbc4f8f66c_z.jpg
Looks like a 21' TT with a Flex? I'm not so sure I'd have the balls to tow with that! I have a 1969 Globestar 21' TT, and while it weighs a whole hell of a lot more than modern trailers, my half-ton Silverado is barely enough to safely pull it.

I'm just under the Flex's 4,500 lb limit with weight distributing hitch. CampLite trailers are largely aluminum with an aluminum frame to keep the weight down.

Plus the twin turbos on the EcoBoost V6 put out about 365 hp.

A bit over the 450 lb max tongue weight, but I had the receiver reinforced by CanAm in London, Ontario, where they specialize in this sort of thing.

Anyway, seems to have towed well so far, about 4,000 miles in the last year.

I'm just under the Flex's 4,500 lb limit with weight distributing hitch. CampLite trailers are largely aluminum with an aluminum frame to keep the weight down.

A bit over the 450 lb max tongue weight, but I had the receiver reinforced by CanAm in London, Ontario, where they specialize in this sort of thing.

:yes: LOL

I love it when someone tries to point out something I'm doing wrong, and I can come back with a well thought through comeback proving I am very correct in what I am doing

Bazinga!

Oh wow that's lighter than I expected. Also, after getting nearly bit a few times with crappy trailers, I tend to operate fairly conservatively with trailer weights. Also, my trailer's brakes are inop at the moment, which has more to do with why the truck is even close to the smallest I'd use ;)

:yes: LOL

I love it when someone tries to point out something I'm doing wrong, and I can come back with a well thought through comeback proving I am very correct in what I am doing

Bazinga!
Hey now, I wasn't trying to finger him as doing anything wrong. Was just curious!

Heh. You missed the thread a while back when he bought the rig and all that stuff got hashed out. :)

Sounds about right lol. Those kinds of 'discussions' get pretty interesting over on the RV type forums... ugh. Those guys would find a way to tell me that the Silverado is insufficient to pull a pair of jetskis and I needed a 2.5 ton to do it safely!

Sounds about right lol. Those kinds of 'discussions' get pretty interesting over on the RV type forums... ugh. Those guys would find a way to tell me that the Silverado is insufficient to pull a pair of jetskis and I needed a 2.5 ton to do it safely!
:rofl:

And here I am pulling with a stick shift Ford Focus (but less than 1500 pounds).:yes:

On the other hand, we all know that a 172 is too small for anyone to buy...

:rofl:

And here I am pulling with a stick shift Ford Focus (but less than 1500 pounds).:yes:

On the other hand, we all know that a 172 is too small for anyone to buy...

Damn right it is. Jump straight to the Citation X and you'll be safe and fine. But you're going to want 50,000bazillion hours with a CFI if you don't want to die.

Damn right it is. Jump straight to the Citation X and you'll be safe and fine. But you're going to want 50,000bazillion hours with a CFI if you don't want to die.

unless your name is Munson...oh, wait...

unless your name is Munson...oh, wait...

See, a CJ2 just isn't enough. That's why I said a Citation X. C750 > C25A. That proves that a Caravan just can't hack it either. And you think you can do your local sight seeing safely in a Skyhawk. Poser, you're going to get people killed!

On second, third, and eighth thought, maybe a 747-8 is the only right answer?!

For all those concerned with our welfare, Karen and I just made it home in one piece!

Seriously, we're barely a year into this, and still learning. And appreciate the concern. We know we're close to the Flex's limits, but right now did not want a big honkin' truck or SUV for the rest of the time.

BTW, the Flex was purchased primarily as a tow vehicle for this particular trailer.

For all those concerned with our welfare, Karen and I just made it home in one piece!

Seriously, we're barely a year into this, and still learning. And appreciate the concern. We know we're close to the Flex's limits, but right now did not want a big honkin' truck or SUV for the rest of the time.

BTW, the Flex was purchased primarily as a tow vehicle for this particular trailer.

I gotta admit..... Whatever you guys do,, it is first class......

I hope you send a christmas card to Dade County every year thanking the taxpayers for a great retirement check every month to pay for all your toys......

You two are livin the dream....

I hope you send a christmas card to Dade County every year thanking the taxpayers for a great retirement check every month to pay for all your toys......

I actually resigned after 8 1/2 years, so no benefits for me.

It's largely conservative investing over many years that's put us in a comfortable place going forward.

Though jimmy cooper thinks we're fools for doing so. :rolleyes2:

You two are livin the dream....

Truly. Nothing that fancy or extravagant compared to some, but just perfect for us.

I actually resigned after 8 1/2 years, so no benefits for me.

It's largely conservative investing over many years that's put us in a comfortable place going forward.

Though jimmy cooper thinks we're fools for doing so. :rolleyes2:

Truly. Nothing that fancy or extravagant compared to some, but just perfect for us.

If ya ever travel out west to Yellowstone, feel free to contact me... I have two 50 amp full hook up RV sites in my yard for friends....

Best view in the world.... Just delete the snow in the pic...

Attachments

• 2012 Xmas. 051.jpg
    2012 Xmas. 051.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 6
Closer to the OP...

Even when tent camping, we try to do it right:

7612877314_c18f274302_c.jpg

To Karen's eternal credit, this was a BMW MOA National Rally in Sedalia, MO a few years ago. A few days prior I showed her the forecast temps for our arrival there: 107°! Gave her a chance to bail out, but she's a trouper!

there's a sheep pavilion in the background - Ben is already on his way :D

Oh give me a home
Where short buffalo roam
And step ladders are not hard to find......

You guys are terrible!

Once you've lived in the wide-open west where the men are men and sheep are nervous, these things are not so socially unacceptable...at least after 5 p.m.

If you guys are sober and talking about beastiality, I fear what would happen if I bought any or all of you a beer :yikes:

And come on Tim, you can't be paying people to speak your mind for you :nono:

If you guys are sober and talking about beastiality, I fear what would happen if I bought any or all of you a beer :yikes:

And come on Tim, you can't be paying people to speak your mind for you :nono:

HEY....

Quit calling our sheep beasts....:mad2::mad:................:D

Well the only thing fer certain is that you'd have less money than you started with...

Back