posting from a tent.

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Family asleep, fight blaring from campsite next to me.

We have a campsite at the edge of lake Murray. Today we went into some zoo north of here. The guy running the place is beyond weird but we got to do some cool stuff.
My kids held a Baby Tiger and a kangaroo,
They draped some giant snake around us and we got up close 1on1 with some amazing animals.

I held a skunk, fed a bear peanuts and I forget what all else.

There is this tiny airstrip I found nearby (lake Murray Oklahoma) I heard it closed but it is very much open.

I dunno, kind of a pointless post but I held a tiger today. How cool is that...

My daughter was in heaven playing with these animals.

I am allergic to cats. I think I'm allergic to tigers too.

Well, tigers are cats.

Sounds like fun.

Kids love aminals.

You can't be too far from civilization if you can get online from yer tent. Or if yer neighbors can listen to a stupid fight.

Last edited:
posting from a tent also, though mine is in an undisclosed location in SW asia with lots of noisy jets taking off all the time,,,

We have a campsite at the edge of lake Murray. Today we went into some zoo north of here. The guy running the place is beyond weird but we got to do some cool stuff.
They draped some giant snake around us and we got up close 1on1 with some amazing animals.

There is this tiny airstrip I found nearby (lake Murray Oklahoma) I heard it closed but it is very much open.

:needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics::needpics:

Glad to know the Lake Murray State Park field is still open. I had read that they were taking the parking area for the adjacent golf course's use. What is aircraft parking there like, now?

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lygars are huge
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 402
  • DSC_0381.JPG
    DSC_0381.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 400
Flew in last october(?), Parking at the airstrip is there. Old rusty chains so bring your own. We got a ride to the lodge and ate, walked back. Food was mediocre. Would try the fireside next time. Would be great to fly in and play golf though.

People at the lodge said rarely do people fly in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I flew into that airport once during training. Very scary for a 20hr student... havent been back.

Why I will never ever go camping again, except at OSH.

Awesome shots..!!! What a great family adventure, great quality time with the kids.!!

And my wife totally freaked over the snakes..

As a kid I didn't get to spend much time with my dad because of his work and military, but what time we had together was the absolute best times of my life.

Not an expert...I believe that is a leopard cub, not a tiger.

:dunno:

So it was actually a "liger" This group breeds lots of mixes.
I thought that was just a joke in Nepolean Dynamite. but I guess they are real.

Why I will never ever go camping again, except at OSH.

I don't enjoy camping.
Honestly I don't like not being clean.
Dirt, fishing, OMG the "toilets" at this place.

I took a shower at home today and I have felt bad for my shower ever since.

But the kids just love it. I do love camping if there is a storm.
I am crazy about storms.

Last year we camped out on the lake in the middle of nowhere

10551553_10204695426892495_7385033841920007302_o.jpg

Within a couple hours, it started to get bad off in the distance

13614_10204695427172502_4757681225123814329_n.jpg

10559705_10204691709239556_1317599581143857251_n.jpg

Then the S hit the fan.
Wife and kids were asleep and it got bad.
The wind was blowing hard enough to make the upwind side of the tent bend concave like an over stressed umbrella.

I am standing there like a big X holding the tent poles out. They slept through it all.

That was fun.

I don't enjoy camping.

I am crazy about storms.

Then the S hit the fan.
The wind was blowing hard enough to make the upwind side of the tent bend concave like an over stressed umbrella.

I am standing there like a big X holding the tent poles out. They slept through it all.

That was fun.
Just got flashbacks to when I was a kid island camping with my dad on the Rio Grande. Tornado went through the area and the only thing keeping our tent from rolling into the river was dad holding the uphill side of the tent (which had collapsed on us). When the storm blew past and we lit the lantern, dad's arms and back were solid welts from the debris and huge hail stones and our boat was across the river. Good times.

So it was actually a "liger" This group breeds lots of mixes.
I thought that was just a joke in Nepolean Dynamite. but I guess they are real.

About 20 years ago there was a batch of "nutcase" religious folks who built a compound to raise Ligers.... It was called Ligertown..Then one night all hell broke loose... I believe the cops shot at them before they starting eating the neighbors....

Let me google...

Found one article..

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/441322/COUPLE-CALLS-LIGERTOWN-AN-ANIMAL-WACO.html?pg=all

Careful! A Camel can bite your F#$%^&* face off, real quick.

Storms are good when you are camping, as long as your tent is on high ground and has a floor.

When there are no storms, sometimes you can see more stars than you can count. Each one of those stars could have planets, which could have life, which could have evolved to the point of knowing how to fly.

They could sign up for POA if they could get their wifi working.

Last edited:
I live on Lake Texoma and fly from KGYI. My wife would love that zoo. Where is the zoo?

When there are no storms, sometimes you can see more stars than you can count. Each one of those stars could have planets, which could have life, which could have evolved to the point of knowing how to fly.
Backpacking years ago with my stepbrother north of Yellowstone. We didn't bring a tent - just sleeping bags. I was awake most of the night laying on my back watching satellites move through the starry sky. Like you said, way too many stars, especially where they seemed to be just coating the milky way swath of the sky. And like someone getting up to go pee in a movie theater, every once in a while one of those stars would move through the crowd smooth as silk and quiet as death - Cold War satellites keeping watch and passing secrets. It's been 45 years since that night and I still remember the feeling of awe I experienced.

Last edited:
Just did a 17 mile hike up to Mount Sterling in NC and back this weekend. Ice, snow and hail on top. 4200' elevation gain, my legs hurt.

974_image.jpg

976_image.jpg

975_image.jpg

977_image.jpg

Bryan, thanks for the post. Looks like all had fun. You are a good dad!

...Each one of those stars could have planets, which could have life, which could have evolved to the point of knowing how to fly.

They could sign up for POA if they could get their wifi working.

Maybe they already have....that would explain Henning!! :D

I was almost afraid to open the thread, halfway expecting to see a picture of 6PC "pitching a tent".

Here's a link to the deal we bought: http://www.groupon.com/deals/garold-wayne-interactive-zoo-2

It was a great weekend. We went with our nieces and brother-in-law, and all the kids had a great time. It was cool to think that this was a weekend they will talk about when they are adults. Definitely some good memories made.

Oh, and thanks again Bryan, for keeping us dry last time. Not quite sure how I slept through the storm, but I did.

That's awesome the only zoos I have ever been too you can't interact with the animals. I did some camping this weekend too but slept in the truck instead of a tent. Here was my wake-up view!!

Attachments

• IMAG1546.jpg
    IMAG1546.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I don't enjoy camping.

I am crazy about storms.

Then the S hit the fan.

That was fun.

BTDT on the outer banks of NC. Despite best efforts (and sand stakes), everything still got soaked as the wind blew the rain in through the zippers. The there was the "where am I going to plug in my hair dryer" incident which is better left for another time and place.

BTDT on the outer banks of NC. Despite best efforts (and sand stakes), everything still got soaked as the wind blew the rain in through the zippers. The there was the "where am I going to plug in my hair dryer" incident which is better left for another time and place.

:lol::rofl:.....:yikes:......

:needpics::needpics:

That's awesome the only zoos I have ever been too you can't interact with the animals. I did some camping this weekend too but slept in the truck instead of a tent. Here was my wake-up view!!

You could probably take the hill, if you could make it to the tree line, but you're going to take some heavy casualties.

Lake Murray looks like a nice place for a group fly in! It has an airport nearby, cabins, boat rentals, etc.

http://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.4358

Unfortunately, the lodge and cabins are significantly removed from the airstrip; really, the only "amenity" within walking distance is the golf course (adjacent), and Fireside Dining restaurant (about 15 minutes walking).

Beautiful place, though, and if the airstrip is still like it was last I was there, it's a nice one. Beware the swirling winds on short final if it's a windy day, though!

You could probably take the hill, if you could make it to the tree line, but you're going to take some heavy casualties.

Over taking an elevated stronghold always gives me the willies haha

Looks like fun! I miss riding!

Good info. We are going to try that zoo out for sure.

Lake Murray is cool, but pretty short. And sloped if I remember correctly. There is also a really neat airstrip east of there called Tallahina or something like that. I like flying through the kiamichi area. Way different than north Texas.

Heck of a storm last night. What part of Texas do you live in?

Enjoy your humorous posts. Take care.

Good info. We are going to try that zoo out for sure.

Lake Murray is cool, but pretty short. And sloped if I remember correctly. There is also a really neat airstrip east of there called Tallahina or something like that. I like flying through the kiamichi area. Way different than north Texas.

Heck of a storm last night. What part of Texas do you live in?

Enjoy your humorous posts. Take care.

Thanks.

I live in Corinth (Denton)
And we got beat up pretty good last night.
Supposed to be 2 more days of it.

Back