Posted in wrong thread, ignore me.

ChiLandFlyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Sebastian
I live in Chicago, and i want to fly (I'm 14)
But i have a problem, at age 7, i was diagnosed with ADHD
However, i don't take a medicine banned by the FAA
And, I know i will have to be off the medication to get a PPL, but is it possible to avoid all of this if the diagnose is "overturned" or "Removed" by the doctor?
Thanks!

I am not sure what you mean by "Overturned", if the diagnosed was right and you were on medication then I doubt any doctor will certify that it was a wrong diagnosis and they put you on meds just for the sake of it. I recently did my medical and I got my SI medical certificate / ticket with a condition, without going into too much details all I can say is when I showed up at my AME's office and handed over my history to him he said yeah you had a disqualifying condition, but its under control now and you are not on any meds that is prohibited by FAA (I was 2 years back), they wont care. He gave me my ticket on the same day, normally as far as I know, for SI, everything needs to be sent to FAA and they issue the SI and the AME can sign off on it from the next year. for me, since my condition was under control, FAA didn't even blink.

Note: your situation may be different. I will let any AME or sr. members to comment. I have read elsewhere/ other threads that it might be a good idea to find an AME who is a pilot / retired pilot, set up an appointment with him for consult , DO NOT fill up the MedxPress form and submit it - that becomes official. if the AME says, no you cant get a SI, go for Sports Ticket. or wait and see how the Private Pilot Medical reform plays out later next Aug / Sep in real world and take a call

Nope. Once diagnosed, the FAA will want proof that the diagnosis was in error. And to do that they will want testing done to their satisfaction by a doctor that they consider adequately qualified.It can be done, but it is not automatic, easy or inexpensive.

FYI: this is a duplicate of another thread. It gets confusing if you ask the same question in two places.

Back