Post your IMC photos

'merica!

eagle-on-flag_wallpapers_12095_1600x1200.jpg

Also, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. Seriously, what's up with all the laughing at me emoticons? I was just posting a website problem since Mari said "you beat me to it" and I wondered what was up.

He's laughing because you missed the joke. There is no website problem. The post was a joke. That solid gray box was supposed to be a pic from inside a cloud. That's all. :)

He's laughing because you missed the joke. There is no website problem. The post was a joke. That solid gray box was supposed to be a pic from inside a cloud. That's all. :)

Argh. Sorry for being so dumb. And I'm normally the one trying to be funny around here! Thanks for explaining the obvious.

I was looking for pics of airplanes between layers, breaking out on a scuzzy day, on top of a solid overcast or skimming the tops of clouds etc... things that you might experience when flying IFR on a day with a lot of active weather
Well, if that's what you're looking for....

IMG_3365.jpg

I guess you don't know me as well as you do the others here... BUT I AM KIDDING! I Have no idea what they are either...:dunno:

I've met, talked on the phone with, chat roomed (here or Yahoo or Facebook) - many of the others. One day I'm sure I will know you better too.

But yes, I knew you were kidding. Clouds don't stick to windshields, ice does!

Just an observation, but you guys dish Kimberly a lot of crap for being new to flying. It seems to me its always in 'good fun', but how much fun does she have to endure?

I think it may be a gender thing. I took some razzing as a new pilot too, but there was no internet then so it was just a couple people I knew and it was kept to a minimum. With the internet there would have been literally hundreds piling on and it would have seemed unbearable.

Obviously she doesn't need me to protect her or whatever and I'm not. Like I said, I'm just making an observation. One I'm pretty sure she wouldn't bring up herself.

Cool photo, but what are those earth worm looking thingies?
Part of the original (no-longer functioning) windshield de-ice system. Sprayed alcohol on the windows.

They are little aluminum tubes showing the effects of over 70 years of flying.

Just an observation, but you guys dish Kimberly a lot of crap for being new to flying. It seems to me its always in 'good fun', but how much fun does she have to endure?

I think it may be a gender thing. I took some razzing as a new pilot too, but there was no internet then so it was just a couple people I knew and it was kept to a minimum. With the internet there would have been literally hundreds piling on and it would have seemed unbearable.

Obviously she doesn't need me to protect her or whatever and I'm not. Like I said, I'm just making an observation. One I'm pretty sure she wouldn't bring up herself.

I haven't been here long enough to be accused of that... Besides my comment wasn't directed at her, it was a JOKE .... Lighten up :rolleyes2:

Part of the original (no-longer functioning) windshield de-ice system. Sprayed alcohol on the windows.

They are little aluminum tubes showing the effects of over 70 years of flying.

Learn something new every day!

LOL thanks but it is funny and lightens up my VERY STRESSFUL day.

Anytime anyone gets out of line here my "in person" pilot friends stand up for me.

And, in turn, I stand up for them if someone disrespects them too.

I am personal friends with many of the people here (even some of the people you may dislike).

This is the "front porch of aviation" - what would that be without a little bit of joking around? Remember my pilot practical joke thread? My pilot friends at my airport give me crap ALL THE TIME. This is no different.

I can't even land on the correct runway half the time, I deserve most of this stuff anyways.

I am way tougher than you think, I put up with a lot of crap in real life, and no I don't "ignore" any posters even if they **** me off. That's just me.

Learn something new every day!

Wait so you did not know either? Thank goodness, I always feel like so many pilots know every make / model of airplane around here and all the strange do-dads. Me, I just want to get to know MY plane really well and then maybe later I'll worry about the ones I can't afford to fly.

LOL thanks but it is funny and lightens up my VERY STRESSFUL day.

Anytime anyone gets out of line here my "in person" pilot friends stand up for me.

And, in turn, I stand up for them if someone disrespects them too.

I am personal friends with many of the people here (even some of the people you may dislike).

This is the "front porch of aviation" - what would that be without a little bit of joking around? Remember my pilot practical joke thread? My pilot friends at my airport give me crap ALL THE TIME. This is no different.

I can't even land on the correct runway half the time, I deserve most of this stuff anyways.

I am way tougher than you think, I put up with a lot of crap in real life, and no I don't "ignore" any posters even if they **** me off. That's just me.

Okay.

btw, I don't 'dis-like' anyone here. Some ticked me off on 'those' threads, but in retrospect I sorta brought it on myself. We all have different experiences in life and some of those experiences are now online. I'm sorta like a 100 hour pilot online...I know just enough to be dangerous (if you know what I mean).

Okay.

btw, I don't 'dis-like' anyone here. Some ticked me off on 'those' threads, but in retrospect I sorta brought it on myself. We all have different experiences in life and some of those experiences are now online. I'm sorta like a 100 hour pilot online...I know just enough to be dangerous (if you know what I mean).

Yes. I also know I have talked to and / or met some of those guys in person. I promise you they are nice / good people. Please trust me on that one, they are NOT out to get you.

Like most things in life, it is all about decisions. You can say one thought a thousand different ways - one way makes people feel good, one way p1sses them off, another way makes you sound smart, another way makes you sound hateful, etc.....

Me, I just want to get to know MY plane really well and then maybe later I'll worry about the ones I can't afford to fly.
That is exactly how it should be.

Once you master and fully understand everything about the one you currently fly, then you will eventually get opportunities to expand on that knowlegde with other planes.

Give it time and the opportunities will come....and you too will acquire plenty of tidbits of knowledge that probably won't be terribly relevant to the modern world :D

Wait so you did not know either? Thank goodness, I always feel like so many pilots know every make / model of airplane around here and all the strange do-dads. Me, I just want to get to know MY plane really well and then maybe later I'll worry about the ones I can't afford to fly.

I've been around planes now for over 30 years now and pretty much know any GA plane and some others, but I still don't know what that one is. Never seen it from the inside like that at least even if it is something I would recognize from the outside.

I've been around planes now for over 30 years now and pretty much know any GA plane and some others, but I still don't know what that one is. Never seen it from the inside like that at least even if it is something I would recognize from the outside.
You'd probably recognize it from the outside....it is a DC-3.

Nope. It did cross my mind that they might have something to do with deice since they looked like tubes, but I had no idea what they were.

And the fact they used to fill them with alcohol is pretty neat too. I wonder if the pilots would park the plane and then get out their red solo cups for the overflow. Wait, they probably didn't have red solo cups.

And the fact they used to fill them with alcohol is pretty neat too. I wonder if the pilots would park the plane and then get out their red solo cups for the overflow. Wait, they probably didn't have red solo cups.

Well you got me curious so, "Leo Hulseman...founded the Solo Cup Company in 1936." But I don't know how long it took him to come up with the red one.

Speaking of red Solo cups (I couldn't figure out how to embed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68&ob=av2e

Not that kind of alcohol......think rubbing alcohol.

Also had little nozzles to spray alcohol on the props too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not that kind of alcohol......think rubbing alcohol.

Also had little nozzles to spray alcohol on the props too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know, I was just kidding. Plus I heard plenty of pilots in the old days liked to drink (well yeah they still do now).

Back