Post Your Hangar Pics

MickYoumans

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
MickYoumans
In the morning I will be flying my airplane home from annual inspection to a new hangar. The airport where I previously based my plane did not have fuel or hangars, but was only 10 minutes from home. The next airport south, another 9 minutes down the road, just built new hanagrs and has fuel. It is a little further to drive, but I think it will be worth it to get my freshly painted airplane protected.

What creature comforts and etc do you have in your hangars? I'm thinking a work bench, mini-fridge and large fan for starters. What else do you consider essentials? The only limitation in the lease is no fuel storage in the hangar. Any other normal maintenance supplies are acceptable. The administrator said that the main requirement was that the hangar had to be used for airplane storage. Whatever else I wanted to have in the hangar, within reason, would not be a problem.

I've had mine two months. Still pretty much empty, but that should change over the summer. Have moved in a couple old bookcases. A work table will come next, along with seating. Fridge whenever I can afford it.

image.jpg1_18.jpg

Fridge , fan, recliner, old office chairs, tool boxes, stainless steel 8 foot workbench with vise, air compressor, nitrogen bottle, shelving, desk, computer, tires, assorted rivets and tools , bolts , nuts, scews, grinder and god knows what else. Oh thats right an airplane too.

Our hangar is our home away from home. We spend virtually every off hour there.

To that end, I have added quite a few creature comforts, from a stand up shower to a fairly complete kitchen. The lounge and bathroom are heated and air conditioned -- everything else is au naturale.

Future plans include a bedroom/sewing room (currently the couch pulls out into a decent bed, for those times when we spend the night), and I want to finish the kitchen area with countertops and cupboards.

We ain't roughing it. :)

6900cfbb112639fd048bb8295d8e938d.jpg

cfa06f6fa14d11d7d568f9e84ee2b730.jpg

388879f9ad5d2d22e0ac77828c71c4f7.jpg

99324c9524fd84881bc354ca0eeeb8d0.jpg

137ccbffc751880dfc0e39295cfb7fc9.jpg

Also Walmart sells a 20 by 48 shallow drip pan for 12$. Woks great to catch drips and the tires roll right over it.

Workbench, mini-fridge filled with cold beverages,air compressor, tools, stereo, cabinet for supplies, Powertow, couch and chairs, and my home made heating cabinet, where I keep oil and other stuff that's good to keep warm in the winter. And a plane...:)

Also Walmart sells a 20 by 48 shallow drip pan for 12$. Woks great to catch drips and the tires roll right over it.

Unless you have a taildragger. ;) But seriously, it works great, and is a good value. I just kick mine out of the way when it's time to roll.

I haven't been in mine long either. I bought some cheap plastic stackable shelves. I have a fridge and fan in there now as well. I have plans to move to a bigger hanger soon. Once that happens I'll build a room to keep tools in with a de-humidifier so they don't rust.

I made it home to my new hangar from the annual inspection this morning. My yard guy and I went out to the airport after lunch to wash and wax the airplane before putting her away. I am so happy to finally have her in a hangar to protect the paint and avionics.

Some of you guys (like Jay) have awesome setups. My hangar is pretty bland right now, but in time I hope to make it more comfortable. With these hot Georgia days I think a mini-fridge is high on my list.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 88
I have noticed everyone wants to be out where the action is, the apartment up stairs never gets used even in the heat of the summer.
The card room below is used more but most of the time we are sitting out in the hangar watching planes and people go by.

Cars in the back, planes in the front, you don't want to have to move anything to get another out.
And plenty of storage.

I have noticed everyone wants to be out where the action is, the apartment up stairs never gets used even in the heat of the summer.
The card room below is used more but most of the time we are sitting out in the hangar watching planes and people go by.

Cars in the back, planes in the front, you don't want to have to move anything to get another out.
And plenty of storage.

Now THAT's a hangar!

Only been in here for a month...:cool: Have plans for a fridge and a couple of chairs, and then, who knows...:):):)

hangar.jpg

Pretty cruddy picture, but there it is..

06d04908f1cb69082ee719745677a247.jpg

Tonight I proved we could fit an RV-10 in our hangar, along with our RV-8A, the Chief, and all of our other stuff.

b21d4b785dc61c8a2a9cf9515a9664c5.jpg

Bump, for a neglected thread.

(@Shawn the inspiration; congrats on the new hangar. Need pics.)

twin flyer 16e look great since i last saw it ,looks like you did alot of work .

I haven't been in mine long either. I bought some cheap plastic stackable shelves. I have a fridge and fan in there now as well. I have plans to move to a bigger hanger soon. Once that happens I'll build a room to keep tools in with a de-humidifier so they don't rust.

Love the Venture. Looks like it could be a handful on the ground in a good crosswind. You ever fly it to KDYL?

Love the Venture. Looks like it could be a handful on the ground in a good crosswind. You ever fly it to KDYL?

It's actually really good in crosswinds. You can lean the airplane into the wind with the ailerons. You have to remember to keep flyin the airplane all the way down to a fast run. Never been to KDYL but always up for an adventure.

You guys make me jealous... I'm still waiting for a "real" hangar...

IMG_20150214_101529_734_reduced.jpg

This is a cool addition for little money if you have a WiFI, It is a Nest indoor camera cost $200.00 from Lowes or Best Buy. It will notify you if it sees any activity by Text and Email. It knows when you are on site so notifications come only when your off site. It also has audio and zoom.

This is a cool addition for little money if you have a WiFI, It is a Nest indoor camera cost $200.00 from Lowes or Best Buy. It will notify you if it sees any activity by Text and Email. It knows when you are on site so notifications come only when your off site. It also has audio and zoom.

Besides the planes you have some nice car toys in there.

image.jpg1_18.jpg

Exactly what my hangar looks like but with a work bench and air compressor on the left, a couch, dining room table and chairs in the back left, storage shelves back center, toolbox right center, bookshelf on the back right and a barbeque grill on the right. Plus picture a Cherokee 140 instead of that airplane.

Last edited:
My new bird is too big to fit in most "real" hangars, so this is where she lives for now. The mower-tug lives under the wing, and I keep a "job box" next to it to store stuff. A Switchbox is there for remote pre-heater control. Just "moved in" over the weekend, so I still need to go out and clean up the space a little and paint some alignment stripes.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 83
Back