Post Office slow down is real

If I do online bill pay through my bank, they cut a check and mail it to the recipient. True. And I know I'm not alone. Each bank handles it differently.
One of mine is by check, the other 9 or so are electronic. Amusingly even the tiny local city I pay for a hangar is electronic.

The Constitution authorizes congress to establish a postal system but does not require it nor does it say they can have a monopoly. The other stuff about IRS and classified delivery is noise. Everything can change if needed and the USPS needs to seriously up it's game if it thinks it's going stay around.

https://www.cato.org/blog/us-postal-service-constitution

I'm not arguing there are problems but don't claim it's noise, it's reality. When working on a classified program, USPS is the only authorized entity I am allowed to use for letters or small packages. Big packages - well, that's another transportation contract.

When was the last time you received official correspondence from the IRS or the Social Security Administration (or others) that didn't come thru USPS?

I'm not arguing there are problems but don't claim it's noise, it's reality. When working on a classified program, USPS is the only authorized entity I am allowed to use for letters or small packages. Big packages - well, that's another transportation contract.

When was the last time you received official correspondence from the IRS or the Social Security Administration (or others) that didn't come thru USPS?

IRS two years ago. Forced me to pay extra to send registered mail for them to admit their mistake.

I've worked in the SCI world since 1988. Well familiar with the regulations. By "noise" I mean regulations. They can be changed. The USPS absolutely sucks at tracking. If they lost a package all they can tell you is "we had it and now we don't". Compare this to any of the commercial companies that scan at any point they put hands on it and you can watch the truck during delivery.

I dropped my water bill in the mail today. The one bill I have to pay via postal. The same government agency that was shut down for 9 months because they got suckered into a ransomware attack.

Everything else is on-line and every company has moved to on-line billing only unless you have a really good reason. The postal system will simply become irrelevant and blaming he consumers for their lack of revenue and not their figuring out it was coming and how to mitigate it is a failure.

Since political posts aren’t allowed, I hope the waning moon phase and Jupiter align to help the post office out before Mars crests over the plain.

Since political posts aren’t allowed, I hope the waning moon phase and Jupiter align to help the post office out before Mars crests over the plain.
I think that happens 21 December.

Back