Possible to use FAA for PPL checkride or impractical and use DPE?

Does grounding the airplane and then changing their minds 2 hours later and letting you fly it count?

Depends. What's the whole story?

I can't see how an Inspector can do a discontinuance and write in the remarks. "Because I felt like it" or " because I can". Managers tend to get bent out of shape if they see something along those lines.

Have an actual example of that?

Yes I do actually. It was ridiculous. They refused to fly in it but ultimately determined it was airworthy and just said no anyways. Really they just didn't want to do the ride. I'd rather not post the details of it online though.

Yes I do actually. It was ridiculous. They refused to fly in it but ultimately determined it was airworthy and just said no anyways. Really they just didn't want to do the ride. I'd rather not post the details of it online though.

I'd be interested in seeing how they did the discontinuance on that since it must be documented.

I'd be interested in seeing how they did the discontinuance on that since it must be documented.

The same way the guv is dealing with Benghazi, or the IRS or the NSA or the dozens of other fiascos that have come up lately......

To hell with the law and paperwork.....:mad2::mad2::mad2:....

The same way the guv is dealing with Benghazi, or the IRS or the NSA or the dozens of other fiascos that have come up lately......

To hell with the law and paperwork.....:mad2::mad2::mad2:....

May work for those inside the beltway but for the lowly Inspector they will have a "come see me in the office" note on their desk the next day.

Might depend on when they called a halt -- can't do a discontinuance if the practical test never started, and they may have done that before they got done with the admin stuff like when they stop the show due to missing documents or an aeronautical experience shortage.

May work for those inside the beltway but for the lowly Inspector they will have a "come see me in the office" note on their desk the next day.

I am sure Louis Lerner sent out dozens of those "come see me in the office" notes to her fellow co workers in Cincinati...;):rolleyes:

Back