POSSIBLE dinner Saturday in the greater Connecticut area

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
On 6/17/2017 I am going to be in and around the yellow highlighted area Saturday evening.
Flying to NY, Renting a car and driving to Waterbury-Oxford (KOXC).

I am renting a car and probably just going to grab the cheapest hotel I stumble across.

Cajun says there is good eating at KOXC. At any rate, I am making this up as I go and have very little planned but I will be in that part of the world Saturday night.

If anyone is around and wants to meet, I suspect I will be a free spirit lost in a strange world once I finish up. I am supposed to at KOXC Around 1 so I'd guess I will start looking for friends around dinner time.

NE.JPG

Last edited:
Speaking of stumbling across hotels.
Are there places where that will get me killed or AIDS?

I don't know where to avoid.

East of New Jersey is a good start...

KOXC? Tradewind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the best food on the planet, but good enough...
I see Newburgh NY in your NW corner. OCC is a fun visit (and they have a restaurant) if your looking to kill some time.

Speaking of stumbling across hotels.
Are there places where that will get me killed or AIDS?

I don't know where to avoid.

u might wish for death or aids over long island girls. I mean, not that you'd be drinking with girls while on your short trip to the NY area, I mean, pffft, that would be silly to think anything like that would be happening.

BUT, if u WERE drinking in a bar in long island, don't say I didn't warn u........

Keep in mind that I and Alex Clark would like to attend. He currently is near LGA and I will be near Hell's Kitchen.

I'd stay out of Waterbury, and Bridgeport when it comes to hotels - maybe Danbury too. If you're just looking for a flop house try AirBNB.

Well I am at least having a beer here. Either a celebratory one or to drown my sorrows after having flown across the country to be disappointed a 3rd time.
http://121atoxc.com/

The food looks great too.
Where I go after is up to "Cheapest place to not be murdered in my sleep"

So???? Was it a winner?

Trip is 4 days from now.
Everything looks good and a very generous POAer went and looked at it for me yesterday and had nothing unpleasant to say about it.
I'm not falling in love with it yet though. I did that twice before. Lesson learned.

Trip is 4 days from now.
Everything looks good and a very generous POAer went and looked at it for me yesterday and had nothing unpleasant to say about it.
I'm not falling in love with it yet though. I did that twice before. Lesson learned.
Missed that.. LOL

Always assumes Texas t be more dangerous than NY. Have not been to either other than an airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also @Cajun_Flyer .... I have something for the monkey.

It rhymes with "cocaine".
Speakin of the Monkey, it's summertime. Ain't no excuses for somebody not getting him from @Cajun_Flyer and get him doing the rest of the northern states. Someone get up there, keep 6PC outta trouble and then go get the Monkey and git him in trouble. Watcha buying anyway? The Cirrus not doing it for you anymore?

Speakin of the Monkey, it's summertime. Ain't no excuses for somebody not getting him from @Cajun_Flyer and get him doing the rest of the northern states. Someone get up there, keep 6PC outta trouble and then go get the Monkey and git him in trouble. Watcha buying anyway? The Cirrus not doing it for you anymore?

Yep. If not, I'll be at AirVenture this year, so can bring him and pass him along to someone there. Anyone interested, just send me a PM.

Figures, I've been up that way twice in the last three weeks visiting family and for work. Too bad the timing didn't work out.

I'd prob be able to fly down if we are to get something together

Last edited:
Get that AA5 down to TX where it belongs.
Who's about to do the pre-buy?

I might be able to get down there on Sat evening depends on the family plans. Good luck with the plane.

Id avoid Waterbury, personally.

There is good diner at 44N, Sky Acres open Thursday -Sunday. But no place to stay except a few B&Bs.
If you fly into DXR (Arrow Aviation) there is no food on the airport, but there are a lot of places around the airport and there are a lot of hotels. They have a courtesy car.
You can fly into SWF, Even sixpapacharlie can probably hit the runway, it's over 11,000 feet long. Newburgh is a rough town. But there is food and hotels.
Directly across the river from SWF is POU. There is food, but you will have to travel a little bit to get to a hotel.

I know the best prime rib on the planet, but it's out of your box. It's in Hartford.

That said, I still recommend OCC (Orange County Choppers.. you remember them..??)
they are within your box.

Sorry, that sounds a bit dirty..

Newburgh is a rough town.

Back in the day there used to be a floating bar in Newburgh, I want to say Gullies, or Gully's? Been a long time. Cold Spring used to be a nice place to hang for a while, is it still nice?

there was a deli in Newburgh we used to go to in high school where you could walk up to the counter and order a sandwich with a side of a dime bag. I typically just got the sandwich, although I think some people I was with only got the side.

there was a deli in Newburgh we used to go to in high school where you could walk up to the counter and order a sandwich with a side of a dime bag. I typically just got the sandwich, although I think some people I was with only got the side.

PM me the details please.

edit: I meant to say PM me the details please.

it might be safer if I just show you where it is. for safety's sake. you know, to be safe.
They relocated and franchised. I think it involved a hostile takeover and a change from Italian to Latin American food. Anyway they are mostly in Washington and Colorado now with a few specialty locations in the LA basin.

Edit: I think they are trying to open new locations in D.C. but are having some real estate challenges. Some folks have said they aren't welcome in their territory or something. It sounds confusing since D.C. isn't a territory at all.

Back in the day there used to be a floating bar in Newburgh, I want to say Gullies, or Gully's? Been a long time. Cold Spring used to be a nice place to hang for a while, is it still nice?

Gully's is still there, and Cold Spring is still nice.
Serious Yupification in Cold Spring. The hipsters come up on the train from Manhattan, and invade the place.
Newburgh is trying to clean up, starting with the river and working west, but once you reach 9W it starts showing it's true colors.

Back