Positive TSA experience

If I wanted to take down an airliner I would just use some piano wire and wooden dowels--no problem getting through security--to garrote a few FAs. The pilots are trained to not open the door, no matter what, and I know they believe they can perform all these acrobatics to mitigate the threat, but after a few FAs have been garroted there would be no one to instruct the passengers and those acrobatics would kill or injure many of the passengers. You would need one actor for each FA plus one or two for crowd control. At the end it would be a Mexican standoff, the terrorists would not be able to enter the cockpit but the pilots would be powerless to prevent the carnage back aft. At this point interceptors would be vectored and probably down the airliner to prevent it's being used as a weapon. This would require no Marshalls onboard but those fellows are fairly obvious to spot so worst case if one was onboard it would be a mission abort.
Wrong on a few accounts. One biggie is they would not shoot down an airplane while still controlled by the crew.
That just wouldn't make any sense.

If I wanted to take down an airliner I would just use some piano wire and wooden dowels--no problem getting through security--to garrote a few FAs. The pilots are trained to not open the door, no matter what, and I know they believe they can perform all these acrobatics to mitigate the threat, but after a few FAs have been garroted there would be no one to instruct the passengers and those acrobatics would kill or injure many of the passengers. You would need one actor for each FA plus one or two for crowd control. At the end it would be a Mexican standoff, the terrorists would not be able to enter the cockpit but the pilots would be powerless to prevent the carnage back aft. At this point interceptors would be vectored and probably down the airliner to prevent it's being used as a weapon. This would require no Marshalls onboard but those fellows are fairly obvious to spot so worst case if one was onboard it would be a mission abort.
I think you're neglecting the willingness of passengers to fight back since the 9/11 attacks, and passengers have the advantage in numbers.

I think you're neglecting the willingness of passengers to fight back since the 9/11 attacks, and passengers have the advantage in numbers.

That's what I think, passengers would swarm on them and literally tear them apart with our bare hands.

Back