Poor Flight school at it again

You folks that seem to think that it isn't Catalina's fault that a plane went missing after it took off are forgetting about the deadly bison farts that disrupt the time-space continuum in the area.
Those aren't Catalina's fault either...they drift down from Sacramento.

The fact that it is surrounded by ocean would seem to be the obvious candidate.

Well if we're backing out that far, let's talk about space and the potential for alien abduction!

d4d307162dbdbf58980cf18f0fc72787.jpg

I've seen my share of people farting around Rancho Palos Verdes, who would never be found if an engine failed. Nothing to do with Catalina, just flying over cold water without taking it seriously.

Bird strike. Engine Failure. Fire. Flight control jam. Spar snapped. Pilot snapped. Loss of atomic union. Crashed trying to avoid their own ADS-B teturn. Mid-air with someone whom no one misses. Went nap-of-the-earth, to Arizona, to escape CA taxes.

No, there is no reason whatsoever known to the board at this time. Most in-flight failures have nothing to do with where the airplane has been on its last flight.

Just what do you think might have happened at Catalina that would cause a failure outside the vicinity of the airport?
Nothing, really. That was my point - didn't see how visting Catalina was relevant, if they didn't crash there. Other than, as someone said, it being surrounded by ocean.

Well, the ocean might make it difficult to find the wreckage but adds zero value to discussions as to why it might have crashed in the first place. Water only applies magnetic attraction to golf balls.

Well, the ocean might make it difficult to find the wreckage but adds zero value to discussions as to why it might have crashed in the first place. Water only applies magnetic attraction to golf balls.
True. I was addressing the survivability and search-and-rescue implications of the location where it went missing, not potential causes of its going down.

Back