Votes: 84 39.6%
  • Club Member

Votes: 38 17.9%
  • Partnership

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • Other Please explain

Votes: 17 8.0%

• Total voters
Paid cash or hypothecate loan (once) but paid it off in three years. also have rented if flying under say fifty hours a year.

I know of a airline Pilot that hasn't flown GA for several years. Don't you guys miss the low and slow stuff? Cruising at 35K all the time seems boring.

I still fly GA when I can, although not nearly as much as I'd like. But unlike Gucci Pilot, the fewer the knobs the better. Fixed pitch, fixed gear, and no *%&$ing glass! :D

I still fly GA when I can, although not nearly as much as I'd like. But unlike Gucci Pilot, the fewer the knobs the better. Fixed pitch, fixed gear, and no *%&$ing glass! :D

Amen! :yes:

I know of a airline Pilot that hasn't flown GA for several years. Don't you guys miss the low and slow stuff? Cruising at 35K all the time seems boring.

Every type of flying has its own perks. Some examples:

Taking something simple up on a nice day VFR, not talking to anyone. Best therapy I can think of.
Flying for 7 hours and landing on the other side of the Atlantic where everyone around you is speaking a different language and going to eat/drink at some local restaurant/bar with the crew.
Shooting approaches down to minimums in a DC-10 with the autopilot off
Doing a sim where the instructor throws every emergency he can at you just to see how you'll do.
Getting off work as a line guy at the local airport and flying your RC plane off of the taxiway till it gets too dark to fly it anymore.

As far as the 35k. It may seem boring, but when you throw aerial refueling in there, it makes it a lot of fun.

Every type of flying has its own perks. Some examples:

Taking something simple up on a nice day VFR, not talking to anyone. Best therapy I can think of.

Totally agree!

As far as the 35k. It may seem boring, but when you throw aerial refueling in there, it makes it a lot of fun.

Even that gets boring! Long term droning is a bore but I love visiting new places.

"What do you do to fly?"

I eat spaghettios and hot dogs.

Helicopters for work pays for my "full scale" airplanes and my RC plane habit.

Back