POAers you have flown with / met

Figured I’d resurrect this thread. Between Southeast lunch runs, the Monkey flights, Oshkosh, work trips to Dallas, the Kentucky fly-ins, and now today’s Arizona breakfast get together, I’ve met 35-40 of you. Not a bad apple in the bunch! Even the first moderator I’d met this morning, ( @Mtns2Skies ) wasn’t as evil as I expected. :) Please don’t give me any ban points. :)

I met @gaurdrail at KDED last year. We had a nice lunch and successfully dodged all the skydivers.

John

And, my wife and I had breakfast on Jekyll Island with @Lance F and his lovely bride summer of 2015ish?

I long ago lost count of the number of POAers I've seen in the real. I don't think I've flown with very many at all, though. Seems no one wants to fly with me. Can't imagine why.

All the mods I've met have been kind, intelligent, good looking, generous, and undeserving of criticism.

edit:

... and of good moral character.

Met the herd at the Kentucky Fly in this year. As a slightly modified Chinese Proverb would say “It was an interesting time”:cool:

Cheers

All the mods I've met have been kind, intelligent, good looking, generous, and undeserving of criticism.

edit:

... and of good moral character.

All the mods I have met exhibited the same.

But I only met one.

The following list is the members here that have volunteered to meet me and go on a 30 mile survival hike into the high desert:

But I only met one.
On a serious note, I've met 3 and possibly 4 mods. And I will stand by my statement.

I think I've only flown with one POA member, and I don't exactly know how many I've really met.

Probably have met 50+ members.

Flown with:
@SixPapaCharlie SR22
@JCranford C-210
@James_Dean C-425 Conquest
@Greg Bockelman The great Bockelman graciously allowed me to ride right seat in my C-182
@Radar Contact C-310
@Lance F C-415/C-182
@Skyrys62

But I only met one.

I've met @Mtns2Skies, @Ted DuPuis, @Greg Bockelman, @Everskyward, and @jesse. They are all fantastic people. We might disagree with their moderating style from time to time, but don't for a minute assume any of these people are jerks. They truly seem to be among the nicest peeps on POA from my meetings with them.

Last edited:
I completely forgot that I met both Greg and Jesse at Grant and Leslie’s Jambalaya party a few years ago.

Yeah, I didn't know you are a mod. This changes everything.

You're in town soon too, aren't you?

Now I'm up to 4 mods that I know of.
I was there the entire month of May. Kept pretty busy. I will be back the last week of July but my time is pretty much booked up. .

I've met @Mtns2Skies, @Ted DuPuis, @Greg Bockelman, @Everskyward, and @jesse. They are all fantastic people. We might disagree with their moderating style from time to time, but don't for a minute assume any of these people are jerks. They truly seem to be among the nicest peeps on POA from my meetings with them.

Such a kiss ass!!

The only mod I haven't met is Mari. She'd probably prefer to keep it that way!

Such a kiss ass!!

Wait a sec.... I remember you being in the same cabin with at least three mods other than Mari when you cooked up the idea for Nomex... (which is still on of my favorite "Best of PoA" threads since I was in on who you successfully wound up).

I long ago lost count of the number of POAers I've seen in the real. I don't think I've flown with very many at all, though. Seems no one wants to fly with me. Can't imagine why.
We're afraid you'd start talking. ;)

I've met only two, one being a mod, although I wasn't on PoA at the time we met. There are very few pilots here I wouldn't want to meet. Now, if I was just on the invitation list to get-togethers....

Wait a sec.... I remember you being in the same cabin with at least three mods other than Mari when you cooked up the idea for Nomex... (which is still on of my favorite "Best of PoA" threads since I was in on who you successfully wound up).

Read what I posted again.

So far, I’ve only flown with one POA’er (@Bill Jennings). Met a dozen or so of ya’ll over the past few years around the table at a few different luncheons.

Such a kiss ass!!

You shut your face Ed! :D

Yeah, that's pretty kiss ass sounding, but it's da troof. Then again, Bockelman and Jesse may be the only ones who were modding at the time of meeting.

We're afraid you'd start talking. ;)

I've met only two, one being a mod, although I wasn't on PoA at the time we met. There are very few pilots here I wouldn't want to meet. Now, if I was just on the invitation list to get-togethers....

Don't know if I've ever seen a list. I just go.

Back