POA Southeast lunch this Saturday, 6/13

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
The weather looks decent in a good portion of the southeast (there, I just jinxed it!), so I'm calling lunch for Saturday!

The Runway Cafe
Greenville Downtown Airport
KGMU
11:45ish

I'm not going to tag, as it seems to never work when I'm tagged. If you're interested, reply!

Thanks, and happy Friday eve!

Sounds good to me. I was supposed to do an Angel Flight mission, but their trip to Atlanta on got stopped by thunderstorms. We may go to Charlotte to check it out as our youngest is starting a new job and moving there. Right now she's stressed out about being "ready" for Monday, first day, and training that week. :rolleyes: It's her first post college job. She doesn't realize she just needs to show up on time and be ready to learn; it's even virtual due to COVID, so no concerns about driving or the right outfit.

Most likely I'll be there. If that changes I'll update here.

I'll do the tagging around here...…….. (mixing up the order, see if that helps but I doubt it. def a limitation of the forum software, at least according to the internetz)

You may need to break up the list into two or more sections and put each section in its own post. If it's a size limitation.

I got the notification, but I'm first on the list. :D

You may need to break up the list into two or more sections and put each section in its own post. If it's a size limitation.

I got the notification, but I'm first on the list. :D

I've tried many different iterations of the list. it seems totally random. sometimes the last person on the list gets notified, other times the first person doesn't get notified. not really sure why I keep doing it, maybe it's just easier to keep a list of who isn't going than who is.

I'll do the tagging around here...…….. (mixing up the order, see if that helps but I doubt it. def a limitation of the forum software, at least according to the internetz)
You comin’ hoski?

You comin’ hoski?

well it's definitely interesting timing on the idea because I was planning to fly into GMU and play a round of golf in the area. one of the problems RDU and myself have been running into is getting from an airport to a golf course....in a lot of these places there is no uber. that's why I was thinking GMU cause they have car rental places on the field so it'd be easy to go from plane to rental car to course and back. BUT, if I did that, it would put me back at GMU much later than noon, so it's really a choice between golfing or not golfing. and I don't like to forego golf when we have what looks like a really nice weekend comin up, or at least Saturday. so to answer you question...………..I'm not sure lol.

You comin’ hoski?

well it's definitely interesting timing on the idea because I was planning to fly into GMU and play a round of golf in the area. one of the problems RDU and myself have been running into is getting from an airport to a golf course....in a lot of these places there is no uber. that's why I was thinking GMU cause they have car rental places on the field so it'd be easy to go from plane to rental car to course and back. BUT, if I did that, it would put me back at GMU much later than noon, so it's really a choice between golfing or not golfing. and I don't like to forego golf when we have what looks like a really nice weekend comin up, or at least Saturday. so to answer you question...………..I'm not sure lol.

problem solved. eman is a problem solver. 4 hour work meeting tee time booked tomorrow afternoon so that frees up Saturday for lunch at GMU (or something else flying related when that falls through).

Love to. Can't. Airplane carburetor is in the trunk of the automobubble, soon to be off to Marvel Schebler.

IMO, Greenville is pretty Uber friendly.

Beautiful day here today. Got the plane all washed up yesterday.

Out - commitments Saturday AM, keep me on the list though. Sundays are way better for me.

Flying to upstate Ny in the morning so probably want make it by noon.

As long as weather is clear then I’ll be there.

See you guys in a few hours.

Looks like very nice VFR weather.

Wayne

Oh man... I’m gonna have to check that bird out! See you shortly!

What??? A gathering of PoA legends, and no more pics. :fingerwag:

Back