POA Hacked?

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Got a fishing email trying to get money out of me, only thing that gave it any legit standing was it had one of my passwords, ofcourse I use different passwords for different things, but between the email address and password combo, that’s POA or one of a few other forum like sites.

This forum, and any other I’ve ever seen, does not actually store your password. It stores a hash of your password. Which means, if hacked, the hacker could not possibly get your password from this forums database.

Far more likely is that you have a Trojan horse keylogger type virus on your computer that captured the password you typed in.

This forum, and any other I’ve ever seen, does not actually store your password. It stores a hash of your password. Which means, if hacked, the hacker could not possibly get your password from this forums database.

Far more likely is that you have a Trojan horse keylogger type virus on your computer that captured the password you typed in.

Logger, highly unlikely.

And if that was the case they picked a low value password compared to other things I’ve typed lol

Some have methods to "unhash" things. It's not easy, and it has several prerequites, but it's not impossible, especially if you have a bunch of them. (Former DoD programmer here, doing stuff like de-encryption was at one time recreation. No malice, ever.)
There are ways to program around it that are often not used.

I've gotten two extortion attempts in the past week.
They are spoofing my email address, claim to have hacked all my accounts, taken my password, taken over my computer, and have turned on my system camera and taken screen shots of me, and want $848.00 deposited into an account.
1. Wrong password.
2. I have no system camera.
3. Taken control of my system? Not bloody likely.

I have unleashed the dogs of war on them (Really, did you think I couldn't find you?")
The next few days should be interesting.

Henning's nitrogen fueled spam password hack has finally exposed all of the financial details of this forum... that is free and has no financial information stored.

Mine came from Aaron416Smith@yahoo.jp
trying to get me to send money to the bitcoin wallet:
1DWyZeA6Z31RkiVfdDJdp8ZgGcGfz7Bm7a

I really don’t care as it’s probably someone in some third world country, nothing anyone will do to fix it and not worth the airfare to re-educate, so I just deleted.

Last edited:
They are spoofing my email address, claim to have hacked all my accounts, taken my password, taken over my computer, and have turned on my system camera and taken screen shots of me, and want $848.00 deposited into an account.
1. Wrong password.

I have unleashed the dogs of war on them (Really, did you think I couldn't find you?")
Same here....couple time is the past month....they want bitcoin and they provided the bitcoin account. Of course the email address they claim to hack is an alias forwarding account, not the real email address. I don't have a camera either, nor visited the sites they claim.

This forum, and any other I’ve ever seen, does not actually store your password. It stores a hash of your password.

Salted hash I hope.

1. Wrong password.

Sounds like phun; keep us posted!

@James331 the hacker sent me an email and said to tell you to keep the money use it for some "enhancement" surgery or something. Said he felt really sorry for you and couldn't take your money. :)

At work here we are getting a bunch of these now.

Last edited:
It looks like the Piper forum was hacked. Fortunately, I don't have anything else using that password. It was a password I gave up years ago.

It looks like the Piper forum was hacked. Fortunately, I don't have anything else using that password. It was a password I gave up years ago.
I got hacked. Probably this site, or RotaxOwners (which I'm not).

Back