POA Goes Christmas Caroling

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
Well, I had this great idea that a bunch of us could do a day's worth of in-&-out fly-ins to sing Christmas carols at a few FBOs, but weather and the threats of restraining orders have made that idea sort of impractical.

So here's what we'll do instead. Post up a link to a recording of one of your favorite seasonal tunes. Sacred, secular, serious, old, new, traditional, funny, whatever. Just so it's a recording that the rest of us can listen to. (Extra credit if it's a recording of YOU performing the tune.)

To get things started, here's one of my favorites, a sacred tune that's dear to those of the Jedi faith:

Now share yours!

giphy.gif

A favorite of mine...

And I won't embed this since it's also got a sermon and I'm not trying to break the TOS, but I'm in the choir singing Joy to the World and Silent Night at the 20:35 mark in this video: youtu.be/VDAGOeLWQZA?t=1235

Last edited:
For secular Christmas songs, it's a toss up between several, but it wouldn't be the Christmas season if I hadn't already played these two at least once:

My favorite "religious" song is one I sang in my choir's annual Christmas concert in college. I only have the whole concert recording, but it starts here: https://youtu. be/xbJUJb62hdA?t=7778 (take out the space after the period)

“O holy night” is the greatest song ever, but not many can sing it correctly (angelically).

That may very well be the only version of that song that I can stomach.
Then I might as well go ahead and post one of my favorites.

It's from their holiday album, "Happy Skalidays," of course.

Nauga,
who hasn't stopped skankin'

What's the time stamp for your song?

2:09:40, I think? I sang in almost the whole concert (and played in the concert band), but the song at 2:09:35 or 40 was my favorite. :)

Then I might as well go ahead and post one of my favorites.

It's from their holiday album, "Happy Skalidays," of course.

Nauga,
who hasn't stopped skankin'
Everybody's doin the fish!

2:09:40, I think? I sang in almost the whole concert (and played in the concert band), but the song at 2:09:35 or 40 was my favorite. :)

Very, very nice! Lovely song and quite well performed.

It's been ten years or so since I sang in a choir and I do miss it. Playing in the praise band at church is fun, but once upon a time we also put together a choir for special events (Christmas, Easter) and I really enjoyed singing in it. We haven't done that for a long time, though.

The ONLY christmas album I enjoy listening to regularly

I told myself I shouldn't, but what the heck, it's Christmas.

Nauga,
who got your goat

PS: I can't recommend the album "All I Want for Christmas is a Goat" highly enough.

a christmas song? I dunno, it is a song.....that was in a xmas movie (die hard IS a xmas movie)....therefore by the transitive property it's a xmas song.....I think

Have to put Eartha in here, she sings this with just the right amount of sass and attitude, makes me chuckle every time I listen.

Last edited:
Sleigh bells ring, are ya listening.
In the lane, snow is glistening.
A beautiful sight, come join me tonight,
Walking around in winter underwear...

Back