PoA DFW Meet

I found out about it 30 min before it started. I was staring at a grill full of chicken, making dinner for my family when I saw it. Then I went inside and asked politely if I could leave after we ate. And then I ate really fast and I was about an hour late.

Sorry I had to leave early...
I found out about it 30 min before it started. I was staring at a grill full of chicken, making dinner for my family when I saw it. Then I went inside and asked politely if I could leave after we ate. And then I ate really fast and I was about an hour late.
I put a two-hour time limit just in case we all hated each other and had to sit in silence. If I knew it would have gone as well as it did, I think we could have been there most of the night. Next time.

That, and I had to go play around on someone's simulator.

Attachments

• 0109170129.jpg
    0109170129.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 35
Then I went inside and asked politely if I could leave after we ate.

:rolleyes:

I envision you like a kid hearing the ice cream truck outside and frantically running up to his mom... "Mom? ..MOM? ...MOM?!!!! ...MOMMMMMMMM???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" until she answers.

Only in your case it was "Hey, honey? ...Honey? ...HONEY?!!!! ...HONNNNNNNEYYYYYYYY???!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So left to right is.. Brian with a Y, guy with the hoody (eman, ravioli, Capt Kirk?) Dennis Weaver and his wife?

Some of you freakin' people just seem to think the rest of us know who everyone is. :rolleyes:
Bryan, overdrive, ravioli & his girlfriend. I managed to escape the picture.

So left to right is.. Brian with a Y, guy with the hoody (eman, ravioli, Capt Kirk?) Dennis Weaver and his wife?

Some of you freakin' people just seem to think the rest of us know who everyone is. :rolleyes:

I know right! I was catching hell from Everskyward 'cause I didn't know she was a woman. :)

Last edited:
It wasn't me you caught hell from. Someone else pointed it out...

I've seen enough photos of Bryan to know what he looks like, and I've met Overdrive.

See? Now she's jumping on me again!

Just kidding, I stand corrected. ;)

Bryan, overdrive, ravioli & his girlfriend. I managed to escape the picture.

Oh no you didn't.

DQTEz5K.jpg

Sorry I had to leave early...

I put a two-hour time limit just in case we all hated each other and had to sit in silence. If I knew it would have gone as well as it did, I think we could have been there most of the night. Next time.

That, and I had to go play around on someone's simulator.

Yeah it was terrible. We stayed until around 10 and then parted ways. I had to work early morning. Great times! Thanks for buying my two waters Eman. I should have gone nuts for the first round! At least Lasagna got to pick up my $7 tab for the spinach/artichoke dip! Still jealous I was jumping into bed when you were flying such an awesome looking sim. I look forward to meeting you again sometime!

The hoodie guy?! It's a coat!!

I've seen enough photos of Bryan to know what he looks like, and I've met Overdrive.
We were wondering when he was going to burst through the ceiling with what was left of the red handle after a while there! Instantly recognizable even though he didn't have his 100LL sippy cup with him. Thanks for being the first to recognize me!

it's all a big misunderstanding. I called and invited all the waitresses back to my place so I could log some mile high club time (turned out to be simulated solo time), and I guess they figured they could distract the 5 patrons of the bar with lemonade and some undercooked chicken wings.

You both win. I was wearing a hoodie under my coat. Also I may have had between 1 and 12 blood and Honey's. Not that I would normally drink that but the Alternatives appeared to be Miller Light Bud Light Coors Light

How about for the next get together in the area, a couple of days notice please. Because of the weird schedule I work, I need to arrange things so I can sleep in the mornings to make anything after lunch.

It wasn't me you caught hell from. Someone else pointed it out...

We'll ALL seen enough photos of the attention whor....um, Bryan, to know what he looks like. ;)

:raspberry: <--- for Brian with a Y.

How about for the next get together in the area, a couple of days notice please. Because of the weird schedule I work, I need to arrange things so I can sleep in the mornings to make anything after lunch.

Make it a little longer and maybe I'll buzz down. The Colorado and Texas PoA contingents are honestly not THAT far away from each other by airplane, but for some reason we don't meet up much.

How's the airport restaurant in Amarillo? That'd be a fun flight for both groups.

I was joking with @AggieMike88 on the phone today that I need to get my butt in the 182 and just head for Dallas one of these days anyway.

Make it a little longer and maybe I'll buzz down. The Colorado and Texas PoA contingents are honestly not THAT far away from each other by airplane, but for some reason we don't meet up much.

How's the airport restaurant in Amarillo? That'd be a fun flight for both groups.

I was joking with @AggieMike88 on the phone today that I need to get my butt in the 182 and just head for Dallas one of these days anyway.
Do it

Back